SAU Community

Boost Spike And Fuel Cut!

r32matt

Hey,

Yesterday when I was driving I noticed that my boost started getting lower. Im running on 12psi and it dropped to 11psi. Later that day it dropped down to 10psi. I checked my boost controller and the bolt was very tight "Im using a Turbotech boost controller". So i unscrewed it anyway and turned it up a little bit. I took it for a drive and still was only boosting to 10-11psi. I turned it alot more this time to see a difference but as soon as i hit 12psi on boost my car cut out..... felt like a fuel cut.

So after that i unscrewed the boost controller alot so i would be running on standard 10psi. When i drove it today it was spiking from 10 to 11psi, sometimes 12psi...... My boost controller never used to spike at all...... The only thing ive done recently is install a GTR fuel pump. Could there be something wrong with my boost controller? Could a split hose casue this to happen? or is it the fuel pump?

Well, if you have a R33 they have a Flow\overboost map with anything 12psi or beyond.

This gets covered about 10 times a day.

As for the boost loss - could be a small pipe split, or just because its starting to get hot.

If your running a stock intercooler, then anything above 10psi is a big no.

I hope Not!! That would really suck! lol

I checked the hoses to the boost guage and it seemed fine.... Im gonna remove all hoses 2nite and clean out the boost controller. Hopefully I can find out the problem then..... So annoying though!!! :P

• 4 weeks later...

OK im new to turbo cars so please bare with me.

Today after taking my R33 for a strap, my boost spiked to around 14/15 psi. Its set at 12 psi.

I heard backfiring which i assume was the fuel cut and quickly backed off.

Im using a turbosmart turbo timer but i havent adjusted it.

Its been fine hitting 12 psi since i bought it. Id say it was about 25 degrees outside.

Im running a FMIC, bigger turbo, screamer, ECU edit.

What do you lot think?