SAU Community

Eoi: Sau/sa Club

Cubes

SAU/SA Club  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey Cubes,

I was on the Nissan SVD commitee for quite a few years, i would be up for helping with getting the SAU club up and running.

We will need a constitution and lots of other stuff to get this off the ground and the backing of the members to join and pay membership.

The one problem that makes any club suffer is members not paying and turning up to events.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I would think when establishing membership cost, want to keep it competitive to the cheapest CAMS affilliated club which is v-max at $35 per year (i think). So would have to look into the cost of meeting venue hire (monthly meetings), club account establishment, merchandise establishment.. I would think a fee of $30-35 per person per year would be do-able
If we were bigger & more established we'd prob have monthly meetings but, it's not necessary & many do die down. The only time one would need to be held is for the AGM & obviously starting up the club. Another thing to look into is obtaining 'sponsors' which, is one of the perks people expect in joining an official club.

Steve: I was trying to think of somehwere where parking was a bit more secure than most pubs etc, but Pizza house would definately be a good starting point.

Evil: For a constitution, do you have a copy of the SVD club constitution? I have a copy of the Falcon GT Club's constitution which could be adapted to suit SAU-SA if need be, but one already relating to nissans would require less work I would imagine.

And unfortunately people keeping up membership and attending is always an issue. In the Falcon GT club we average 170-190 members per year, but generally are lucky to see more than 20-30 cars at events, and 30-40 people at meetings :)

Letting a club room is a added cost that really grou needed. And central to who. My opinion is aussie pizza house on hutt st has seating and is more central but where getting a step ahead of our selves
May have to change Pizza Houses cos, last time I held a meeting there don't think they were impressed when we took over the joint & we didn't order too many pizzas :worship:. Also, know of another central venue where there's ample parking & caters for meetings for free.

On that note please don't vote if you 'might' be interested. I'm really after some definite numbers. ;)

Would be interested in it , especialy for the driver training and stuff like that, always want to learn more

I'd 100% be in, and would be willing to help out where I can, esp if it gets up and running.

I left Vic just as they were getting on steam and it's always bothered me the lack of something here.

Not to cast any blame of course, it's quite the undertaking.

My observation of Vic's success, from the outside and via a good friend there, has come from a core of highly dedicated people to push things through.

They spent some time within other clubs first and learnt the ropes before striking out on their own, and of course maintained those links ever since.

I'm not saying this is necessarily the model for us, but something to keep in mind, as such one avenue may be to explore options involving the SSCSA.

Although they have some high fees they're huge and have one hell of a clubhouse (nice and convenient location for me too ;)) I believe VMAX is their "young-uns" club for those of us who aren't doctors or lawyers and drive Morgans. :)

Edited by Oosh

I voted as i "might" be interested ;)

Ahh Mr Maxx.

I'm very keen to see you out at Motorkhana's again, might be a little quicker with the auto. :)

-------

I'll give the thread a few more days for a few more to register their interest, see where we are with regards to numbers and then sink some time in to it. As Oosh has said EXPERIENCE.. Of which I don't have so I'll be relying on those of you that have to help get this club off the ground.

EDIT: Looks like numbers are quite respectable.. Its looking good. :)

I'm in for sure.

But I think some people are getting ahead of themselves, track events need heaps of planning and I know from experience many people love to argue about events but very little actually do anything on the organisation side of things. I'm sure at first people will do it, but for how long? As someone said earlier the Falcon GT club has over 100 members and hardly any rock up to meetings etc. so it needs to be determined who's in and who's "in" because there's no point in getting the club going with 50 members in year 1 and 10 the next.

I'm sure everything will be cool but I've been on the committee of a club that had very poor attendances and it was really frustrating organising sh*t and no one rocking up.

Maybe have a few trial meetings etc before we become and official club?