SAU Community

Eoi: Sau/sa Club

Cubes

SAU/SA Club  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does take a few $$ to get the club off the ground with cams affiliation,

Did you not get my PM i sent you about this?? I had no reply so i've done nothing about it, But if you want me to check it out, let me know!! It can't hurt to have club sponsors to pay for some things like this!!

Sorry bud, I did get the email and then completely forgot about the offer due to other commitments at the time.

Best bet is to drop Madaz a pm as he appears to be the man sorting all the sponsorships etc.

I'll forward part of the pm on to him for you. :blush:

mind you i have been a little slack about it too

got bogged down with alot of reading about becoming an organisation and thought more of us need to be reading it together but ah well

Yeh no worries fellas, I figure its best to put a few sponsors on board to help pay for things and possibly give out discounts, even if it were to be $200 each per year from 5 different places, which could pay for the cams affilliation, and put a bit of pocket money into the kitty for the club. I will check out a couple more joints also and see what thier feedback is! For the sake of a couple of hundred a year i think it's quite worthwhile for a couple of local businesses.

We need to have a firm idea of just what we're offering sponsors, and getting a commensurate amount of $$$ or member benefits in return...

Are the initial costs so high they couldn't be recouped via the first round of membership fees? I know this is highly dependent on number and fees.

...if they can cover it then holding off on sponsors until there's a membership base might be a good idea.

An exception to this might be finding just the one (or two) understanding benefactors willing to kick something in at the start but not after something concrete in return.

Are the initial costs so high they couldn't be recouped via the first round of membership fees?

They aren't that high; I feel they can be recouped via the first round of memberships fee's.

BUT.. If a sponsor is willing to help get the club off the ground then by all means it is welcome. :P

They aren't that high; I feel they can be recouped via the first round of memberships fee's.

BUT.. If a sponsor is willing to help get the club off the ground then by all means it is welcome. :P

And also it could make it cheaper for everyone.......... I said "could" people....LOL But hey if its $5 cheaper then it might make it just that more affordable to the tight ass and or lure more people into join!! as long as there is a "members only" area for certain club updates and everyone is aware of the moneys in and moneys out then all should be fine!!

Thats it.. Anything is welcome.

There will be a members only area; the club will be a non-profit org so anything that comes in will be pushed back out for the members. :P

Those on the committee will know where the $$ are going etc..

We need to have a firm idea of just what we're offering sponsors, and getting a commensurate amount of $$$ or member benefits in return...

at the very least sponsors will get the company logo on our club shirts and wherever we wear them thats advertising their brand so for instance @ small car sunday if there is 20 club members all wearing the club shirt becuase its a club event and i imagine that would be a informal rule then if there is 300 other people at the event alot of people are going to see that SAU are sponsored by Xtreme Clutches and wow i want an Xtreme Clutch now because Hostile is running one with 300ATWKW

sort of make sense

Just a heads up for cubes and madaz,

You to could save yourself alot of time and effort as there is a possibility the you can get the Nissan SVD constitution and change the name of the club to Skylines Australia. A change of name was being looked at before the club went into hiding. This would also means that you aquire the funds that have been sitting in the SVD bank account for three years now which would help get the Skylines Australia club off of the ground.

Have a think about it and let me know and i will do all the chasing to get the stuff for you to make this work.

Cheers

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...

Just another thought. How wide do we want memberships to go with this? Im thinking that there are quite a few members of the www.r31skylineclub.com forums that would be interested in this, but may not be aware of it. Quite a few there members there are getting into drift, track days etc, that are members on here, but don't necessarily read here often.

I would be happy to make a thread on the R31 forums and direct people to this thread and the dyno thread to grow interest in the club.

Cubes/Steve, would you be happy with this? (as you are at present the primary organisers)

I've been waiting for just such an EOI to appear for a few years now :ermm:

I remember asking Joel (and a couple other SAU SA regulars) about looking to set something up as it would not only be good for the SAU as a whole, but also for local people to have some events to attend, sponsors, discounts and something basically yo call their own as every other state has something setup :)

Im more than happy to lend a hand if you need any set up questions on top of the Troy has/is etc etc

I am planning on being in SA in the next 2-3 months to visit a friend so happy to meet with the interested parties and go over some things in person as its often easier that way.

I'll do a larger info write up on how we setup SAU-Vic back in '04, and challenges the SAU-Vic Committee faced in the first 18months which basically makes or breaks a club.

Just some numbers to view

Initial signup we have 80 members, within 12 months we'd more than doubled the membership base :(

Cheers

Ash