SAU Community

Eoi: Sau/sa Club

Cubes

SAU/SA Club  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

haha, is that suppose to be skates or skirt?? :P

So is there anything actually holding up getting the club started?

I would love to see you guys like NSW and VIC and getting into all things motorsport :P

There are only a very very small handful of people that wish to get in to the motorsport.

SAU/SA will be more of a street hoon club I believe. Because a lot are too scared or poor one of the two :D to take their cars out at Mallala. :)

As Madaz can appreciate the turnout at Mallala was woeful. Not to mention the few times Salad has attempted to get people out there. It simply does not happen.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only a very very small handful of people that wish to get in to the motorsport.

SAU/SA will be more of a street hoon club I believe. Because a lot are too scared or poor one of the two :laugh: to take their cars out at Mallala. :P

As Madaz can appreciate the turnout at Mallala was woeful. Not to mention the few times Salad has attempted to get people out there. It simply does not happen.

Street hoon sort of a club..but wouldn't SAU want to try and promote the good side of these cars?? :thumbsup: take it off the streets and try and get a good police present and reputation up...

Yes I believe what you are saying is true about the too poor or too scared..But really it's not that expensive.. initial set up is a licence, fire extinguisher and a helmet (entry fee).. a set of semi slick would last a person at least 4 trackdays probably more...and a full tank of fuel and away you go..

It's a real shame :( it's never been promoted enough "as the thing to do" (I know Maz and salad have tried) to get more people interested and only one track is a bit of a set back, I didnt even know about proper motorsport until I moved to Sydney and now cant get enough of trackwork, motorkhanas and about to try hillclimbs..The cars we have are amazing and best fun when out there doing what they were ment too and taking it off the streets and being able to use your car at it's full potential in safe conditions..

Cubes your not interested in doing this sort of thing?

I see alot of the older generation in Adelaide doing motorsport type event's and in old cars and Mitsibishi GSR club have the right idea yet SAU SA doesnt try and move in that direction..

Has SAU SA tried a defensive driver training day? http://www.adrenalin.com.au/defensive-driv...otorsport/12003 just an example http://www.drivetolive.com.au/index.php/se...ntent/723187289

Cubes your not interested in doing this sort of thing?

I see alot of the older generation in Adelaide doing motorsport type event's and in old cars and Mitsibishi GSR club have the right idea yet SAU SA doesnt try and move in that direction..

http://www.adrenalin.com.au/defensive-driv...otorsport/12003 just an example http://www.drivetolive.com.au/index.php/se...ntent/723187289

I am most definitely..

Im going to give it a few more sau 'events' and see who turns up to what and then make a final decision.

If no one shows to at least motorkhana's I'll can the idea and join NDCC as motorkhana's are the cheapest of cheap motor sport events.

Steve is soon to do his dyno day so once i get word on when that is going to be i can hopefully squeeze in a couple of motorkhana's.

I am most definitely..

Im going to give it a few more sau 'events' and see who turns up to what and then make a final decision.

If no one shows to at least motorkhana's I'll can the idea and join NDCC as motorkhana's are the cheapest of cheap motor sport events.

Steve is soon to do his dyno day so once i get word on when that is going to be i can hopefully squeeze in a couple of motorkhana's.

I was hoping so, your car would be awesome!! :D

I hope people come to the party and make an effort!!

Yeah Steve was telling me about this also and I will even make an effort to come from Sydney for it, need to come back for a visit abd catch up with peeps :)

this should get up and going and SAU/SA members should get on it!

That's the spirit!! :P

Now tell everyone else!!! :woot: Need to get the word out, motivate people to get invloved!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I did the DECA motorkhana with the SAU Vic boys in my mate's GTR, and it was one hell of a fun day, I'm in Joel.

OMG you did!!! HI5!! :)

SAUVics are the best bunch of people and they have the best facility (DECA) at Shepparton!!

I will be doing a DECA in Nov hopefully!!

So this topic has gone quiet again :) I really hope you guys can find the people that are willing to be on a committee and get together and get this off the ground :)

SASAU FTW!! :)

**Cough** Next year

start squeezing in motorkhana's :miner:

I am most definitely..

i have been looking into these motorkana type events, but i dont want to have to join another club to have to do it.

if sau sa was a registred club, hell, ill be at every event i could be at.

i have been looking into these motorkana type events, but i dont want to have to join another club to have to do it.

If there was a motorkhana to enter I would seriously reccomend DECA!!

I know its a trip but you will see what I mean if you ever enter one! They are off tap and well worth it! November .......

SA SAU FTW!!!

You don't have to ... You simply pay for a temp day license and off u go.

SAU/SA will be more of a street hoon club I believe. Because a lot are too scared or poor one of the two :D to take their cars out at Mallala. :P

if a full time student with a piss poor casual job can afford to go out there, anyone can, few people need to take down a refreshing can of cement and harden the fark up :whistling:

SAU road trip sunday arvo im free from just after 11:30 can get back up to st agnes by about 11:45 maybe sooner but... ah crap just remembered your doing timing belt sunday better get on that early then :whistling:

^^ i heard i have to be a memeber of the organising club? such as the one being organised at

big w carpark monarto this sunday?

^^ ha ha, i wouldnt mind checkin it out, but im not goint to rush ryan, he is also doing water pump, and putting my 33 gtr fuel pump in..

and then im taking him to look at my missus mums dead husbands sons old 31 thats for sale....*catches breath*

• 1 month later...

If some one else wants to take on the responsibility of cruises etc under the title of a club by all means. There's a lot of liability associated.

As I've stated before I'm not interested in organising a 'street' club. Only a motorsport club.

If you want a 'street' club your better off with the way it is now. :(