SAU Community

Eoi: Sau/sa Club

Cubes

SAU/SA Club  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everything will be cool but I've been on the committee of a club that had very poor attendances and it was really frustrating organising sh*t and no one rocking up.

im hearing ya i was the team captain for a gaming clan little different but same thing i would book servers and organise a practise for noone to rock up... moderate the forums post up war dates for very few people to reply saying they could make a war

get to war days wondering how many people will actually turn up

we ended up getting kicked of the ladder twice due to forfeits least there no ladder in the car club :thumbsup:

I'm in for sure.

But I think some people are getting ahead of themselves, track events need heaps of planning and I know from experience many people love to argue about events but very little actually do anything on the organisation side of things. I'm sure at first people will do it, but for how long? As someone said earlier the Falcon GT club has over 100 members and hardly any rock up to meetings etc. so it needs to be determined who's in and who's "in" because there's no point in getting the club going with 50 members in year 1 and 10 the next.

I'm sure everything will be cool but I've been on the committee of a club that had very poor attendances and it was really frustrating organising sh*t and no one rocking up.

Maybe have a few trial meetings etc before we become and official club?

Obviously we'd have to get the club off the ground first, and if nothing else it'd hopefully be a cheaper way to get a CAMS license in the beginning, as you say there should be enough momentum at first to organise events but of course for some people "the passion" (to steal a phrase from Shannons) will wane and that's when new people will need to step up to the plate.

Members can't expect that those on the committee are in for a life-long commitment to "organise sh*t" for them, if a small number of members aren't willing to do more then any club will fail, the Falcon GT club has obviously got some lazy arse members.

Conversely you can't expect members to sign their lives away, if we had 50 members in year one, and bugger all the next then so be it at lest we've had one good year which is a darn site more than we have now.

The club doesn't all have to be about track days, I know there's plenty of Vic members who are in it for the social aspect, i.e. bbq's, official road-trips and cruises (where non-member drivers can't attend due to club insurance reasons). We already get good attendances at them so provided membership is reasonably price (not something we should get too hung up on right now though) and the events are good I can't see why we wouldn't attract enough people that way alone.

At the moment its all good.. The cams info provided earlier was awesome; saved me hunting it down.

Waiting to hear back from Troy when he's got a little spare time. So until then we will just hang off a little.

At the moment its all good.. The cams info provided earlier was awesome; saved me hunting it down.

Waiting to hear back from Troy when he's got a little spare time. So until then we will just hang off a little.

Yep, Troy's getting back to us end of the week or so, so we should have some updates for you guys then :P

Sorry, I think I've missed something here, who's Troy and what "updates" are waiting to hear from him on? :D

Troy is one of the SAU-VIC club Execs. We've asked him how to go about setting this whole thing but as we'd like to run it like SAU-VIC as they seem to be doing very well :P

I guess we forgot to mention that before... :D