SAU Community

Drag Time 2007 - Sunday 28th October 2007

angels666

It has a new name but it's the same day as the last two I have organised cool.gif

It's a case of first in best dressed so those that have their place paid for first are guaranteed a spot; the numbers are limited yet again so get in quick. You make the list ONCE YOU HAVE PAID, not before.

SPONSORS OF THIS EVENT ARE:

* McKern and Associates

* Redcliffe Dyno & Performance

* Boostcruising

________________________________________________________________________________

The important information is as follows:

Date: Sunday 28th October 2007

Time: 9:00am to 3:00pm (competitor gate admission between 8:00am and 10:00am ONLY)

Cost: $90.00 per entrant (gets 1 racer and 1 passenger in the gate)

Positions Available: 90

Spectator Entry: $10.00 per person

________________________________________________________________________________

To sign up please post in the one thread I am managing * click here *

Thanks all

Ang yahoo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you know there isn't a cent left over from this day. My main sponsor actually picks up the left over costs which is usually the trophies.

Also have a look at the latest Fast Fours and you'll find a 6 page write up on the last day I organised :thumbsup::D:(:yes:

And thanks for posting it elsewhere :)

Its all good Ang... :thumbsup:

Just so you know the in's and outs Dale, I enquired about a day for SAU early last year...

The hire of willowbank generally is in excess of $7500 for the day (back in 2006 when I priced it)

I think there were some serious conditions at this price also, like it was a 10am til 5pm run time and no entry was allowed to be charged at the gate, no food stalls would open, traction compond was $1000 extra, 7 support staff which means in a accident it would take a while to clean, so on and so forth...

So the cost for one of these days is fairlly heavy to begin with, hence the $90 per car entry and believe Angela every cent gets chewed up...

But think of it this way, a TnT night you pay $38 and would be lucky to get say 4-5 runs in before they shut the gates...

This is cause over 200 cars turn up every time and a tnt has a shorter run time, so imaging what you could do with half the cars and an extra couple of hours up your sleave... :happy:

At this event there is a limited number of cars, so your gonna get in at least 15 runs maby more...

Id be there myself if I didnt have other things on that day...

So the cost for one of these days is fairlly heavy to begin with, hence the $90 per car entry and believe Angela every cent gets chewed up...

Thanks so much :P It is hell dear and my stress levels are up there organising it :P

Side note someone got in 32 runs last time and actually broke the Willowbank record for the most runs in one session :D

wow thats crazy. quite expensive to say the least. I appreicate you both explaining that to me , excuse my ignorance :rant:

All good :rant:

• 3 weeks later...