SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

i dont have an internal transmission cooler, i use an external one. however it probably should have a thermostat.

if you have the option to get one, get one with a thermostat and bypass

yeh radiator.

no thats for a G35 auto. you can run an external trans into the loop with the in built trans. hence no need for a thermostat, as the radiator will warm up the oil and keep it at running temp a lot quicker than an isolated trans cooler.

im getting Race Radiators to make mine custome. 3 way pass, in built trans cooler. and holds about 2 litres more.

will be ditching the trans cooler if this one seems good enough.

Is anyone running a trans cooler before the radiator to drop oil temps so the radiator doesnt need to work as hard. I figure if the cooler lowers the oil temp too much the radiator will lift the temp a little to where it's needed. It might help the radiator to keep the engine a little cooler Its not trying to cool the trans oil as much. This is for a stock daily driven set up. Any thoughts?

Edited by slippylotion

its a debated situation, running it before, just means the radiator will re heat it, and running it after means that it will be cool going back into the trans.

ive done it both ways and dont notice any difference. that said, im not measuring the exact temp.

Is anyone running a trans cooler before the radiator to drop oil temps so the radiator doesnt need to work as hard. I figure if the cooler lowers the oil temp too much the radiator will lift the temp a little to where it's needed. It might help the radiator to keep the engine a little cooler Its not trying to cool the trans oil as much. This is for a stock daily driven set up. Any thoughts?

I believe that is the preferred setup & the way I will install mine.