SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

As far as I can tell, most people have fit Walbro 255lph in tank pumps to their M35s. Except Scotty who has his own custom nuclear missile silo in his fuel tank.

Anyone tried either of these:

Aeromotive 340lph: http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=4775&Car_Type=350Z&UID=20111011051919118.210.70.174

Deatschwerks 300lph: http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=6908&Car_Type=350Z&UID=20111011051919118.210.70.174

Both seem to flow more and still be in tank, easy to fit solutions?

As far as I can tell, most people have fit Walbro 255lph in tank pumps to their M35s. Except Scotty who has his own custom nuclear missile silo in his fuel tank.

Anyone tried either of these:

Aeromotive 340lph: http://www.conceptzp...9118.210.70.174

Deatschwerks 300lph: http://www.conceptzp...9118.210.70.174

Both seem to flow more and still be in tank, easy to fit solutions?

have seen and thought about getting them.....but the Walbro with 14v seem to be doing the job just fine for me.

They're only about ~25% more expensive than I've seen Walbros for?

Twin Walbros sounds good, but did you have to replace the fuel lines? I know you did, but didn't know if you had to replace lines and rails. Twin Walbros sounds ridiculously over the top :P

Make sure you get original Walbros, there are chinese copies everywhere. I paid $130 locally from a wholesaler. One will flow over 300kw on petrol, I was looking for a 1000hp ethanol setup for my future modding ideas.

The main reason I changed the lines was because there is a restriction right after the pump, the plastic housing only has a 3mm hole coming out of it which seemed to restrict the flow. I dont have that problem to worry about anymore. lol. :thumbsup:

Lol nice.

I guess I'm looking at doing an upgrade for the long term, so I'll have a setup capable of running 98 and e85.

My plan was to just get the highest flow in tank pump I could get, so one of these 300-340lph pumps, and 1000cc injectors, and I figured that should be fine for me. Am I on the right track?

I'm not planning on running a twin GTX 3.7L FrankenVQ, I'll leave that up to you :worship:

No-one has installed one of these pumps, you may have clearance problems with the sock and pickup as they are phisically much larger. I know for a fact the Walbro's fit with only a little modding, same power plug and sock.

Dude, why reinvent the wheel? Everyone that's used a Walbro is saying that work...like you said, if you're not going for some crazy 1000hp setup what's wrong with the walbro?

I understand you're trying to "future proof" as much as possible, but later down the track you'll need to change the fuel lines and pump setup again if you want to take full advantage of the 1000cc's....so why not just go a single Walbro for now? $130...vs ????

Only reason why is because they seemed to be better for the money, and I wasn't sure if there was a reason why everyone was using the Walbro over these others.

For all I knew the response was going to be "Tried it, they're rubbish", but you have to admit if you are offered a pump for $130 that flows 255lph, or one that is $160 and flows 340lph, you're going to think about it.

I don't even know if I need 340lph, doesn't hurt to ask the question and see if people have looked at it.

You will probably find that you will need to upgrade you fuel reg if you go to a fuel pump with to much flow or pressure........thats one of the main reasons I have not gone to a high spec pump.......

I very nearly went with a standard(pre pump) ---> surge with 044 ------> and new fuel rail system with reg.....did all the pricing and drawings and drew up and started making the surge with Scott!

I stopped because I wanted to see if the Walbro would do the job that I wanted...which it does.......even on 11v!

Dude, why reinvent the wheel?

Why not? Nobody progresses if everybody copies the same first option.

Only reason why is because they seemed to be better for the money, and I wasn't sure if there was a reason why everyone was using the Walbro over these others.

For all I knew the response was going to be "Tried it, they're rubbish", but you have to admit if you are offered a pump for $130 that flows 255lph, or one that is $160 and flows 340lph, you're going to think about it.

I don't even know if I need 340lph, doesn't hurt to ask the question and see if people have looked at it.

The 340lph pump sounds like better value for sure.

Do you need it? Probably not now, but maybe in the future?.. and for an extra $30 might just be the better investment

Will it fit? Only one way to find out :P

Of course it looks good on paper, the flow graph is amazing, but remember its sucking twice the current to do that and not just when you have high fuel demand, its constantly drawing around 15 amps from your alternator so you will actually be going backwards(as with a lot of mods I guess.)

As far as installing, they may just fit with a new sock but I suspect there will be some major milling required on the bottom of the pump body. You will also need to fit a relay to supply constant 14v, with thick guage wire for the extra current. I doubt the stock fuel pump voltage regulator will handle it for long.

You will still be limited by the 3mm outlet from the pump body. I have no idea how much this would flow but its around 300kw on 98 I would say.

After pulling the pump body out you will probably agree its not worth modifying such a good setup, which is why we are suggesting the simple Walbro upgrade. Make sure you replace the Oring seal and filter while you are in there and run the tank empty before you start.

You will probably find that you will need to upgrade you fuel reg if you go to a fuel pump with to much flow or pressure........thats one of the main reasons I have not gone to a high spec pump.......

I don't get it.

I'm running an 044 in the Datsun (SR20DET), and didn't have to upgrade the fuel pressure reg.

The pressure it supplies is pretty much as per the factory (maybe a little higher, but nothing the standard SR20 reg can't deal with), the flow capability is the difference.

I don't get it.

I'm running an 044 in the Datsun (SR20DET), and didn't have to upgrade the fuel pressure reg.

The pressure it supplies is pretty much as per the factory (maybe a little higher, but nothing the standard SR20 reg can't deal with), the flow capability is the difference.

sorry...did you say SR20DET?

I don't get it.

I had to fit an adjustable reg to lower the base fuel pressure.

Why not? Nobody progresses if everybody copies the same first option.

Will it fit? Only one way to find out :P

True, but that's what Scott's for right? hehehehe :rofl2:

I guess I just don't have the time, tools (or aptitude!) to f**k around on my car. :blush:

I needed a solution that is proven and works well, and Scotty's old setup did exactly that :thumbsup:

The 340lph pump sounds like better value for sure.

Do you need it? Probably not now, but maybe in the future?.. and for an extra $30 might just be the better investment

That's the golden question...what are you gonna run in yours Cam?

Edited by ironpaw

True, but that's what Scott's for right? hehehehe :rofl2:

I guess I just don't have the time, tools (or aptitude!) to f**k around on my car. :blush:

I needed a solution that is proven and works well, and Scotty's old setup did exactly that :thumbsup:

That's the golden question...what are you gonna run in yours Cam?

I never ran the single Walbro (I modified the pump housing to fit a Tomei gtr pump) because I listened to the heresay in the forced induction section. I have since changed my tune with regards to them. For all but the highest pressure setups Walbro's work and fit perfectly. Any more flow will require a complete fuel system upgrade.

Save your cash and time and fit what works, but you will still need to rewire the power to the pump with a relay.

I think Cam was hoping to save a buck and run the factory pump. Of course if it cant supply the fuel he needs there will be another tune on the cards which will negate any savings.