SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

There's a heap of fake sard regs around so be careful. I'm using an SX reg and it's been fine.

Rising rate regs usually increase the fuel pressure double the boost so you could be up there, do you have a gauge in the dash?

I don't have a gauge in the cabin, just one on top of the reg, so it's hard to tell what happens under boost conditions.I may buy a sensor to add to my AFR display.

However, I thought that most rising rate regs increased pressure at 1:1 ratio to counteract the boost. That would be the easiest to manufacture as well, with the hose simply adding boost pressure to the diaphram. All the rising rate regs that have a higher ratio than 1:1 seem to be much more expensive & would probably advertise the fact that they have this feature.

Has anyone seen a gauge pod for an M35 at all? I'd really like a double din unit for my stereo/gps but don't want to lose the factory gauges.

How handy are you at making stuff? There's plenty of good ideas out there, but I've not seen anything decent that you can buy straight up, besides the standard A-pillar mounted gauge pods that look a little out of place in a M35, IMO.

Do you just want to relocate the single DIN factory gauges? If you don't have the Nav DVD ROM in the flip up section they will fit there nicely.

How handy are you at making stuff? There's plenty of good ideas out there, but I've not seen anything decent that you can buy straight up, besides the standard A-pillar mounted gauge pods that look a little out of place in a M35, IMO.

Do you just want to relocate the single DIN factory gauges? If you don't have the Nav DVD ROM in the flip up section they will fit there nicely.

Yeah that is exactly what I'm thinking of. Relocate them to where the factory screen is usually located in some sort of pod, then have a double din unit down under the climate control.

Half tempted to try and make something up but if there is interest for others to do this maybe I'm better off trying to organise a group buy of sorts..

Is the factory boost gauge accurate?

Only real reason I want that is to make sure that it's not boosting off it's face - I find the battery charge gauge handy.. front wheel torque isn't necessary although it is a bit of a game. :)

I don't really need anything, but I just don't want to get rid of the standard gauges unless I'm replacing it with something and if it gets replaced I want it to look as standard as possible.

Does anyone know if all AR-X's come with the fixtures to buy and install the grate separating the backseats from the boot ie to stop my bloody dog from jumping over. From the pictures that have been sent to me it doesn't look like my AR-X has it standard.

If yes, does anyone want to sell me one.

For those of you who have imported through a broker, how close has been your quoted L&C price compared to the actual final price. My broker has been really excellent but it looks like he's $1500 off what he quoted me or rather what I quoted him as my budget. It's a bit concerning but to his credit he's looking into it for me rather than brushing me off.