SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

It is BC coilovers but from a V35 - My sister is selling her v35 and I am buying her Coilovers - so please confirm why will not fit or wil it fit since they are BC brs

Fronts definitely will not fit.

V35 is RWD so the fronts have forks, M35 is AWD and do not have the fork.

Iron Chef can't do PM35's.

Northshore is the one to call... although they have also offered to do compliance for J-Spec and possibly Prestige.

How does that work? Seems surprising that one importer can use a compliance shop but not another.

Edited by jasevr4

Northshore are an importer, not just a compliance shop. And AFAIK they paid a tonne of cash to be able to comply PM35s, so they're pretty much keeping it to themselves.

But Iron Chef would know whats going on in the industry.

Northshore are an importer, not just a compliance shop. And AFAIK they paid a tonne of cash to be able to comply PM35s, so they're pretty much keeping it to themselves.

But Iron Chef would know whats going on in the industry.

ph34r.gif

Seeing Jase didn't bother to correct my response via Twitter :P, I was referring to manual PM35s, which, to the best of my knowledge, no-one in Australia has.

I'm sure if I were to buy an auto PM35, the guys at Northshore Prestige would be able to comply it for my customers, same as they can for any of the other brokers.

Seeing Jase didn't bother to correct my response via Twitter :P, I was referring to manual PM35s, which, to the best of my knowledge, no-one in Australia has.

I'm sure if I were to buy an auto PM35, the guys at Northshore Prestige would be able to comply it for my customers, same as they can for any of the other brokers.

Yeah that's what I thought. It's all good, just think there's some confusion going on here. Convince Matt to get one and drift the shit out of it.

I thought that's why they HAD to only use the N/A models in the latter years? Didn't they change the emissions laws around 2004?

Still, if I was him I'd be buying a VQ30DD and doing an engine swap between the two cars and then trying to get that one converted. Otherwise he never got import approval and just chucked it on a boat assuming he could?

Edited by jasevr4

I thought that's why they HAD to only use the N/A models in the latter years? Didn't they change the emissions laws around 2004?

Still, if I was him I'd be buying a VQ30DD and doing an engine swap between the two cars and then trying to get that one converted. Otherwise he never got import approval and just chucked it on a boat assuming he could?

+1. As I understand it, emission laws changed between 2003/2004, thus 03 NM35s pass, 04's fail. Some other poor bloke when through all that hassle.

Not sure if you can do this, but what the hell. I'll suggest it anyway. :whistling:

I reckon the cheapest and quickest way to get it registered again would be to:

1. Consult with automotive engineer regarding getting the car fitted with emissions compliant motor.

2. Buy it

3. Fit 350Z VQ35DE and all emissions gear in place

4. Get Engineered with the alternate engine with all emissions in place and get car complied.

Compliance is the biggest load of $hit for M35's. They practically do nothing, although they did do the emissions and crash testing with a dummy to start off with, and that is what you are paying for.