SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

I don't get it. So the engine is the same as pre 2004 nm35s but it doesn't pass?

Can't they chuck in another huge cat in the exhaust to fix it?

It'd be a bit more complicated than that. Taking a guess, when a RAWS did the evidence report into the NM35, they have to do the crash testing/emissions testing. Maybe the NM35 doesn't pass whatever emissions regs were introduced in 2004. Thus no cars are allowed to be complied in that year.

Just a punt.

It'd be a bit more complicated than that. Taking a guess, when a RAWS did the evidence report into the NM35, they have to do the crash testing/emissions testing. Maybe the NM35 doesn't pass whatever emissions regs were introduced in 2004. Thus no cars are allowed to be complied in that year.

Just a punt.

you're on the money

Northshore is the one to call... although they have also offered to do compliance for J-Spec and possibly Prestige.

Thats correct, at the time I was importing my Pm35, Northshore was only going to comply 4 PM35's/year, for J-specs customers, myself being the 1st! (Thanks to Ben @ Northshore and Ben @ J-Spec for all their help). J-spec has been trying to get Northshore to comply cars for him for some time, and Northshore, understandably wants to protect his investment by limiting the number of plates he fits to cars which arent imported by him. Who knows what will happen in the future!

Thats correct, at the time I was importing my Pm35, Northshore was only going to comply 4 PM35's/year, for J-specs customers, myself being the 1st! (Thanks to Ben @ Northshore and Ben @ J-Spec for all their help). J-spec has been trying to get Northshore to comply cars for him for some time, and Northshore, understandably wants to protect his investment by limiting the number of plates he fits to cars which arent imported by him. Who knows what will happen in the future!

Maybe we'll see a PM35 at a cruise sometime soon then? :whistling:

What's the go with immobilizers on the NM35's? My insurance company stated to me that it must be fitted with an Australian standard immobilizer. My AR-X comes with an alarm, I assume it also has an immobilizer. Did most of you still install a separate immobilizer? I wouldn't be all that chuffed if my car was stolen only for insurance to claim I didn't have an "Australian standard Immobilizer.."

Any suggestions on the cheapest and most suitable turbo timer? are they absolutely necessary for this car?

What's the go with immobilizers on the NM35's? My insurance company stated to me that it must be fitted with an Australian standard immobilizer. My AR-X comes with an alarm, I assume it also has an immobilizer. Did most of you still install a separate immobilizer? I wouldn't be all that chuffed if my car was stolen only for insurance to claim I didn't have an "Australian standard Immobilizer.."

Any suggestions on the cheapest and most suitable turbo timer? are they absolutely necessary for this car?

Mine didn't come with an Immobiliser. I had a Cyclops one fitted...

Viper's aren't Australian Standards as far as I know. Go Auto Watch, Mongoose or Cyclops, and get it installed by someone who knows what they're doing.

You can also 'upgrade' the alarm to Australian standards if you want, might be the best option. I removed the factory alarm because it was playing up.

Viper's aren't Australian Standards as far as I know. Go Auto Watch, Mongoose or Cyclops, and get it installed by someone who knows what they're doing.

You can also 'upgrade' the alarm to Australian standards if you want, might be the best option. I removed the factory alarm because it was playing up.

I'm pretty sure they are now....Viper I meant.

Turbo timers are a wank for modern cars with water cooled turbine housings.

I fitted a Viper and removed the factory gear.

I like turbo timers on modern cars (with water cooled turbo's) so when you track them, you can let it slowly cool down which allows the whole thing to cool down uniformly! :devil:

Well i'm not tracking this, so i'll forgo the turbo timer which is fine by me. I'm nearly ready to buy a dump Scotty. Going to take it to a local exhaust shop for fitting, They charge $55 an hour, so i'm probably looking at about $200 yeh? 3-4 hours work?

I might call up my insurer for a list of Australian Standard immobilisers.

I don't have one in the stag, as I do the same thing. usually the 1-2 minute cool down drive is enough.

I use a turbo timer in the 1600. It's got a volt meter built in and can display speed in digital (handy for when the speedo tops out at 200km/h)! It also helps to reduce oil temp (even after the 1-2 minute cool down lap).

Most race guys usually let their car idle for a good 1-2 minutes even after they stop just to stabilize temperatures. $hit gets pretty hot, and 1-2 minutes warm down lap sometimes doesn't cut it.

I'm not really worried about the water cooled turbo. I'm more concerned about the aftermarket stainless dump pipe and exhaust system I have fitted, and other associated engine components requiring slow temperature differential.

Anyway, you guys do what you want on your cars, and I'll play on the safe side.