SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

Alot of pages here beauty!

Did that guy ever fit tose 20x10's?

The wheels im looking at come in 18x10 + 25 but probably too small DIA

otherwise they come in 20x10.5 and 20.8.5 no 19's.... XXR 521's

otherones are 20x9.5 not sure off ofset though these are XXR 526's

A 10" +25 or 10.5" and equally aggressive offset is going to be pretty mental. It'll require some rolling of your guards and plenty of camber. Fitted it will look sick but you will likely chew out your tyres and be cop bait. I don't think I'd go any more aggressive than mine personally.

the tv tuner is behind there, assuming your car is equipped with navi/tv

other than that its not a massive job to pull those panels out. ive done it enough times lol

Nah no TV tuner. Right down the bottom I have the muffler butterfly system though.

Do you need to take the long plastic "bar" out that sits under the rear window?

yeah there are 4 screws to get that out. some are behind the little flip-down clips. there then is another plastic panel below this one next to the rear door next to the seat.

then 2 push clips at the tailgate for the panel, one half way under the window, another at the door, and one right down the bottom next to the seat where it meets the door.

you may need to pull up the boot floor on that side, but if you work it well, you wont need to. i did it once but it was way too much work

the position of that exhaust motor wont foul anything as its behind some panelling that youll probably need for the car. for structural purposes and stuff :P

Hi, I just thought i'd give a very brief run down of my initial impressions of the M35 Stagea for those thinking of buying one.

Note: This perspective comes from someone who hasn't owned a turbo charged car before.

I have the AR-X Four model and in summary i'm delighted with it. It's completely stock (atm)

Styling - 7/10

If you're over the boy racer looking cars (like me) then the M35 is perfect. The styling makes the C34 look draconian. As an aside, if you're not over the the boy racer looks but want a wagon, IMHO the Legnum runs rings around the C34 Stagea.

Unfortunately the square back on the M35 does nothing to help the overall look of the car.

Driving Comort - 9/10

The AR-X model is a dream to drive around bumpy street (like where I live). It absorbs bumps beautifully. I intend to upgrade the suspension but at the moment i'm loving the ride too much.

Interior Comfort - 9/10

Again this is excellent. I have leather heated/full electric seats which work a treat. Being in a colder climate, i also have the coldpack which really tops it off. (There are issues with coldpack car and rust but no such issues with my particular car). There is heaps of storage space, not just in the boot but in the cabin. Loads of handy little holders. I only noticed this last night, but the boot lining is held up by little gas struts when accessing the spare wheel (brilliant attention to detail).

Performance - 6.5/10

Throttle response is abysmal, there's no other way to put it. I have to cross a busy highway to get to my house (no lights) and I've been caught out a couple of times by the lag.

0-20km is poor in line with above..

20-90 is excellent

90 - 130 (overtaking) is well below my expectations - I hope a dump pipe will assist here, it just seems the boost just runs out around 110km.

Handling: look if you're coming from a skyline or evo then you'll be disappointed but I think the handling is good, even for the an 'offroader.'

Value for Money

Value for money is good and brilliant if you search around. I wouldn't be purchasing the first one I saw.

Overall

Recommended - it's a Liberty GT Wagon for 10k less and with more power and gadgets (though the styling isn't quite at the level of the GT).

Edited by Drogba

Overall

Recommended - it's a Liberty GT Wagon for 10k less and with more power and gadgets (though the styling isn't quite at the level of the GT).

I pretty much agree with what you've said, but the Liberty Wagon is absolutely TINY in comparison, they are a seriously small car.thumbsup.gif