SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

Um, don't think it has the TV Tuner option no. But I do want to look at fitting a reversing camera, so will have to look at fitting a TV tuner of some sort. Ideally, I'd like to modernise the whole A/V package with some DVD screens in the headrests for the kids, but it's not a high priority, and we have portable options for that.

What do most people do for a subwoofer if they don't have the Bose spare wheel sub in place? Don't really want to encroach on any of the cargo space really.

i got a clarion head unit, AUX input for the tv, BT handsfree with audio streaming, radio and ipod interface. $280. no moving parts, all capacitive touch screen.

can also get the adaptor to run the factory steering wheel controls

Jesse got back to me RE floor mats:

G4911-AQ000 - discontinued.

G4911-AQ010 - discontinued.

G4911-AQ020 - Part number error.

:(

Bugger for the first two, but not surprising I guess.

G4911-AQ020 is valid in my parts master for series 1 M35's so I don't know what to tell ya confused.gif

post-31842-0-99823100-1327320612_thumb.jpg

Tried an Aussie Nissan?

What Brembos fit on these things with ease? Front and rear? Is it the 350z/v35/g35 sets that fit?

R33/R34 would need to be drilled out and tapped?

Is the standard master cylinder ok with the upgrade?

Edited by jasevr4

OK, so I thought I would get some costs on the G35/V35 brake upgrades from Coz Ceh at Concept Z Performance together including airfreight costs for both with and without rotors:

Full Kit w/ Rotors: USD$445-475

Full Kit w/o Rotors: USD$240-280

The range in prices is for East Coast to West Coast delivery.

Specifically these would cover the following kits with Rotors:

- Akebono Infiniti G35 F&R 14 Inch Big Brake Kit w/ Stoptech Rotors, SS Lines, and Motul Fluid - USD$1839.95

- Akebono Infiniti G35 Front & Rear 14 Inch Big Brake Kit w/ Stoptech Rotors, 03-06 Sedan, 03-07 Coupe - USD$1695.95

- Akebono Infiniti G35 Front & Rear 14 Inch Big Brake Kit, 03-06 Sedan, 03-07 Coupe - USD$1549.00

Or the kit without rotors (meaning rotors would need to be sourced locally:

- Akebono Infiniti G35 Front & Rear 14 Inch Big Brake Kit - No Rotors, 03-06 Sedan, 03-07 Coupe - USD$1,405.00

Given that rotors locally could set you back around $1-1.2K, it's probably cheaper to get them all in the one package. That puts the mid-range package with the StopTech rotors at:

- USD$2140.95 (AUD$2020.00) for eastern states delivered

- USD$2170.95 (AUD$2048.00) for Western Australia delivered

(Converstion rate used AUD$1 @ USD$1.06)

Without rotors you're looking at:

- USD$1850.00 (AUD$1746.00) for eastern states delivered

- USD$1880.00 (AUD$$1774.00) for Western Australia delivered

When you consider that a decent set of Brembos from either a BCNR33 or BNR34 can set you back close to $1500-$1800 locally used, which you'd then need to get new pads and potentially rotors for it seems like a steel. Whether you like the Infiniti logo or not is up to you, but CZP provides a service to powder coat and apply a different logo:

CZP Akebono Powder Coated Calipers - ADD ON - USD$350.00 (AUD$331.00)

Unfortunately for my liking, they don't have Silver as a colour for the caliper, but I'm sure it would just require a request (I've sent an email to confirm).

Surface freight is still and option, but you would need to organise it from this end I believe.

Cheers

Brendan

That's helpful having that info in one post (especially with shipping prices) Brendan, thanks.

Another option from the same site is to choose the 350Z BBK which is a little more expensive but has 'Nissan' printed on the calipers instead of Infiniti (doesn't bother me tho), & can come in "40th anniversary red" if that floats your boat.

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=4073&Car_Type=350Z&UID=20120125182346203.161.79.69

I've copied this image from Chris's (Spoolin'12) Brake thread; http://www.skylinesa...__brake+upgrade

3128l.jpg

As you can see; they actually come painted silver. Check the link; I'm sure it'll clear up any questions. The one thing to remember is; they are FARKING HUGE calipers, so you need to look at wheel offset to ensure you have enough clearance.

This link can be printed 1:1 scale and used as a guide for clearance on a wheel you might wish to use; http://www.conceptzp...rakeoutline.pdf

Edited by Daleo

Since yesterday there's the "at check" light on my dashboard I scanned my car (nm35) and the code P0615 came up. Has anyone ever dealt with this code? Does anyone know a good auto electrical in sydney to recommend?

From this page it seems that I have a faulty relay http://engine-codes.com/p0615_nissan.html .

Edited by FHF

What about series 2 mats?

My new VIN is bringing up the following part numbers for floor mats.

All valid from August 2004.

G4900-7W000

G4900-7W001

G4900-7W010

G4900-7W011

G4900-7W020

G4900-7W021

Same mats as the Series 2 V35 sedan according to Parts Master.

My new VIN is bringing up the following part numbers for floor mats.

All valid from August 2004.

G4900-7W000

G4900-7W001

G4900-7W010

G4900-7W011

G4900-7W020

G4900-7W021

Same mats as the Series 2 V35 sedan according to Parts Master.

Any images?

The picture in FAST is exactly the same as the NM35 floor mats picture I posted. Gotta remember it is a parts list and the diagrams are only there to aid in selecting the correct part.

The interior of my PNM is black (or "G"), but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Have a look here http://nissan.epc-data.com/stagea/pnm35/6845-vq35de/misc/G49/KG4900/ as there is a little more info (first Google search result when I put in one of the part numbers).

Which colour interior do you have?

The picture in FAST is exactly the same as the NM35 floor mats picture I posted. Gotta remember it is a parts list and the diagrams are only there to aid in selecting the correct part.

The interior of my PNM is black (or "G"), but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Have a look here http://nissan.epc-data.com/stagea/pnm35/6845-vq35de/misc/G49/KG4900/ as there is a little more info (first Google search result when I put in one of the part numbers).

Which colour interior do you have?

Well dash is black but carpet is that grey color.

That's been a while coming. Are you going to buy one? Keen to hear what the quality of info is like. I have managed to make do with the Japanese version (helpful comparing it with the G35 ones) until now.

Probably not. Says "Owners Manual" not "Service manual". I'd have to have a look at whats in it before I'm prepared to buy one. I'm not sure I even need an owners manual.