SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

If the tune is correct and you have a bit of headroom in the injector, you shouldn't have an issue.

If your maxing out your duty cycle and your cheating by bumping up the base fuel pressure just make sure the flow pattern of the injector is still up to spec. Some injectors get very messy when you up the base pressure. I prefer standard base pressure and run the CORRECT sized injector for the application.

If the tune is correct and you have a bit of headroom in the injector, you shouldn't have an issue.

If your maxing out your duty cycle and your cheating by bumping up the base fuel pressure just make sure the flow pattern of the injector is still up to spec. Some injectors get very messy when you up the base pressure. I prefer standard base pressure and run the CORRECT sized injector for the application.

I'm with you on that paul

Sounds good then.

I'm getting close to maxing out the AFM, but injectors should be fine.

For me, this is a decision between throwing in the ID1000s now, or when I eventually do an E35 tune. If I need them now, I'll put them in. But sounds like I don't?

Car is running stock turbo and only half an intake pipe. Not the most serious mods.

I would agree with you on the injectors Leon as even at 18PSI with my car my Wideband never gets over 10.8 unless under load going up a hill then is gets to 11.1. However the AFM is well and truly maxed giving readings of 5+...and I know my duty cycle is over 95% at times....I have also seen 100% quite a bit......I can live with that on the street as I am hardly ever up it.

However I would never track it without bigger injectors and the AFM clamped.

P.S. I think its awesome how the car has worked out its tune with the extra pressure at 14v with the Walbro on mine....it would be very interesting to try a set of 440cc injectors in the car with the standard fuel pump to see if/how it runs.

Craig, I am impressed that your car runs so well on stock injectors, with just the fuel pump pushing more through (thought you might've surpassed that). I'm still tuning mine (adding fuel mainly) but my max injector duty cycle is 90% as of today. After the intake went in, but before the FPR, it was close to 100% on occasions.

I think 440cc injectors & standard pump would be a similar result to the opposite (Walbro & std inj). Do you think the ECU would learn it over time?

And Paul, I too agree. In a perfect world with lots of spare time and/or cash you would correctly size the injectors & leave fuel pressure alone. But the point I was making was that it wasn't necessary to stress over injector sizing with the mods that I or Ryan have done thus far. Especially since upgrading the fuel pump gives higher pressure as a by-product. Can't see anyone would change the FPR to a lower pressure just to counter the new pump, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone used Hypergear for a turbo rebuild yet?

They're selling the service on ebay now: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-M35-Stagea-VQ25-turbo-turbocharger-high-flow-service-/200725703558?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ebc2f2b86#ht_1736wt_1194

Good price by the looks of it...

There is a few Hypergear turbos getting around, I doubt any have been tuned so don't take the power output too seriously, yet.

Near factory response is hard to believe too, it looks about the size of a Sierra stage 1 so it will probably come on around 3k. Not a bad price though Stao. :thumbsup:

There has been bit development in that high flow as I had a customer whom own a work shop near by was happy to trail all of the combinations and the best felt on road is some thing in between a 3071 and 2871 with custom trimmed up turbine wheel with FNT turbine modification. It is touch smaller then the usual profile that I normally run in the skyline turbos which some of you noticed the HP rating isn't as high.

I've also modified the bearing housing so they can work with stock oil supply, braided oil line is no longer required.

Test car was a auto M35 with cooler and exhaust only and that high flowed turbo was excellent to drive with on road. I believe the best option is running the SS1PU on the VQ25. I'm consider making a custom mould for when more M35s comes into the country.

The stock housings flow ok, all you need is a spare set so the wait time is reduced. I haven't seen any of these turbine housings cracking yet either Stao which is good.

Someone fit one and get it tuned... :D

very interested....but cant go with my car off the road for that long of a period that would be required...removing the turbo is beyond my caveman skill set too i think..

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone who has installed a power steering cooler tell me where the best place is to connect the cooler?

Anything fancy that's required or just replace fluid at the same time?

Hasn't been replaced yet, figure I can use the Valvoline auto trans fluid I've got left.

Loop it through one of the lines going into the bottom of the radiator

no dont do that, thats for the transmission cooler circuit.

put it before the pump, you can use the hoses running up the the filler bottle. keep the stock ones, and just replace the hose with good quality type

no dont do that, thats for the transmission cooler circuit.

put it before the pump, you can use the hoses running up the the filler bottle. keep the stock ones, and just replace the hose with good quality type

Cheers Iain. Do you know offhand what size the hose is?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Does any one know if the VQ35DE airbox is the same as the VQ25DET airbox? Or is they can be swapped?

Same airbox(PM35,V35,NM35,G35).......but the VQ35 comes with a power duct I think

Edited by Jetwreck