SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

Not anti fun at all, most of us love skids. But skids and speed off the streets. Most of us live in areas that imports are pretty heavily targeted by the authorities, and as a community we want to promote off street activities. Search YouTube for some SAU texi vids for and example.

So when you just ask how to do skids, don't be suprised by the response! Most people reserve skids for kids with flat caps in commos.

So, to the car. If you bought a 2.5 or 3.0 and trying to do skids, your a derp. If you bought a 3.5 then you have some options. You can go down the NA bolt on route. Exhaust, plenum spacer, z tube, maybe a tune if your rich. That might get you to skidville. Other options are turbo or supercharger kits.

Best thing you could really do with a rwd, is a manual conversion. Just do it from a manual v35 wreck. Skids would be much easier, and more fun to drive.

Don't worry about the brake wire cut, in NA cars it doesn't exist.

Cheers Stagea Cuz.

Thanks for the reply, as I said I don't want to use it as a skidder, just capable when required. I have competiton cars.I will however take it on track and chase a few of my crew around with camers all over it. And for the record I am an upstanding citizen (mostly)

No worries. Forgot to mention, they handle quite well if you get a few parts in them.

Sway bars, castor bushes, your choice of springs shocks, and a bit of bracing will make a world of difference to the handling.

Have a look through some of the threads about handling upgrades.

Welcome Darren. Nice vids btw.

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of tech help here (& on itsnotavolvo.com.au) & a small amount of ribbing occassionally, as you've seen. It's all in fun & (mostly) everyone on here are good blokes with heaps of knowledge between them. Being mainly family guys &, ermm, responsible types, you will never hardly ever hear us talk about driving illegally. It's what sets us apart from the others :)

Thanks for the reply. yep I'm mostly responsible, a bit hard when you have performance cars, but hey that's what the tracks for.

If you want to race cars, race a racecar

I love DIY aswell

Finally picking up my new wheels and tyres tonight, should have photos of them on tomorrow!

I've got a set of Volk nuts to go with them - anyone know the correct wheel nut torque? 350Z guys seem to be around 80ft-lb?

Nice. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

As for torque, I just do them tightish without being hand fisted.

I'm looking forward to having some new boots to drive on!

I'll probably just do the same then. Might see how 80ft-lb feels, but I'll just make sure I keep the rattle gun off.

Finally picking up my new wheels and tyres tonight, should have photos of them on tomorrow!

I've got a set of Volk nuts to go with them - anyone know the correct wheel nut torque? 350Z guys seem to be around 80ft-lb?

nah thats wrong, use a rattle gun 3 dugga dugs. ... :P

Edited by sky^rkt

nah thats wrong, use a rattle gun 3 dugga dugs. ... :P

+1

Actually found that I did them up perfect last time with the gun. Could undo them by hand when required. Don't be scared by the rattle, make it your friend.

I see a few people have access to the Nissan FAST or similar, can someone de-code my VIN

I want to know if I have LSD?

CBA PM35

PM35 (?4orbor6?)5011b

TLJARENNM35EDAM-LGA

K23G

VQ35(DE) 3498

RE5RO5A RC33

PLANT A M

the second line in the VIN I can't tell what the character is looks like a 4b combined together?

thanks in advance

Edited by 0t1

Sorry mate, can't go off that.

Look round the back of the motor, and stamped in the firewall there will be the VIN.

It will be PNM35-######

So I think your missing a number or something- shouldn't be a "b" at the end of the VIN