SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else on the waiting list get an email from JPNZ about the workshop manual?

They're about to start work, want a $50 deposit, manual will cost $150NZ and will take 2 months.

Anyone keen?

Nope. After waiting almost 4 years for them to think about starting, no chance they get a deposit from me.

Also, I'd like to see the quality of the manual before handing over any cash.

i got an email, again im not puting a deposit becouse from all their other work im unsure what exactly will be translated, and what is including, and the quality of the job, if its done well, im willing to pay 150 but not going to pay 50 sight unseen for somthing that may be worthless

Yeah, agreed.

I think it's taking the piss a bit to wait this long with nothing, then expect 33% upfront with no guarantee of the content, or quality.

Their previous reputation certainly doesn't reassure me.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive tried the search function but must be doing it wrong. I cant seem to find part numbers for vq25det left and right rocker/cam cover gaskets. Can someone please assist. Cheers

Edited by joshm35

Hey Josh,

I have little luck with search also - it appears I suck at the internet, lol.

Do you have an oil leak from the drivers' side? So far I've not heard of anyone with that issue. I'm about to pull the plenum & passenger side valve cover off mine to 'fix' the leak for the third time.

13270AL612 – Passenger side valve cover gasket

13270AQ800 – Driver side valve cover gasket

Edit: Too slow (got distracted) - now there is more results for the search function :)

Edited by Commsman

Well I hope you don't have the same problem as me then. My plastic cover is flexing slightly as it's tensioned down, so that the gasket isn't compressed enough in the middle (between two bolts positions) to stop oil leaking out. I'm going to have to take more drastic measures to fix it.

I guess what I'm saying is 'if it aint leaking, don't fix it", lol.

Ok guys I have a bit of an 4WD problem with my M35. Last week I had the tyres flipped on the rims and while doing it the tyre centre split the side wall of one tyre (their fault and trying to get them to replace it at their cost) Now they fitted a temporary s/hand tyre in the same 245/45-18 size but its a Bridgestone instead of the Kumho ku31 it had.

The Bridgestone has 2mm less tread depth than the KU31. Its only been on for a couple days and now the car has started randomly throwing up the 4WD warning light.

Could the attesa system be that picky that the s/hand bridgestone is causing the problem? I checked the fluid level and its fine, car drives as normal but when the lights on if I select syncro mode it won't drive the front wheels at all. If I turn the car off and restart it sometimes the light will not appear and then if I select syncro mode it works as normal.

Any help is appreciated as Im worried now that if they replace that 1 tyre with a new KU31, that tyre will be 2mm more tread depth than they other 3 and still cause this problem, so I may need to try and get another tyre replace so both tyres on the same axel are the same rolling diameter.

So does anyone know exactly what veriance Nissan have given the attesa system for rolling diameter?