SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

No I haven't swapped them yet. I just looked up the overall heights of the Kumho and Bridgestone, then measured the tread depths and it works out that the bridgestone is 9-10mm shorter in height than the Kumho. Would it be fair to assume this is to much of difference and causing it?

Even then if just that one tyre is replaced with a new ku31 that tyre will be around 4mm taller than the other 3. Surely Nissan has given enough margin to allow for something like this.

Edited by slippylotion

As much as this sounds funny, the same size in two different brands are not exactly the same size. Try pumping up or letting down the bridgestone and see if it has any effect. That is not a permanant solution obviously, but might give you some evidence.

Well I borrowed a set of factory wheels to see if that fixes the 4WD light issue I'm having. It didn't fix it. The s/hand Bridgestone they gave me measured up at 12mm shorter overall height than the ku31, thought that would be the problem but not looking like it. I

'm going to try and sus out the relay and see if that the problem.

How can I check if there is a code to check? Is it read out of the ECU or the attesa control module?

Edited by slippylotion

If you get desperate Paul let me know, and we can swap over the relay. Worked with Mike's, he tried pumps and all sorts and I think it was relay in the end. As soon as I put his relay in my car, I had a fault light and 2WD.

If you get desperate Paul let me know, and we can swap over the relay. Worked with Mike's, he tried pumps and all sorts and I think it was relay in the end. As soon as I put his relay in my car, I had a fault light and 2WD.

I might take you up on that offer Ryan. I can't find one locally to try it so that would be great if we can swap to test.

When is a convenient time to try it?

After work if you're willing to come to me, otherwise on the weekend? I have moved out north though, so PM me when you want to sort something out (or i think you have my mobile number?)

PM Mike (Impul535W). He had all kinds of funky issues with his car when it arrived in Australia. The relay was part of the problem but I think they had to change over the pump in the end?

I believe its based in the ABS computer, not the engine ECU. I don't know of a manual way to see error codes, but I'd just hook up my cipher cable/laptop if you were in sydney.

Maybe one of the general code reader that mechanics have can read ABS too?

faaaaaaaaark what a long thread, packed full of great information, thanks to all the contributors.

However I did not see the actual story on how to eliminate the problem I'm having, which is, How to get the wagon to do a burnout! I have TCS off. it will light up a little when I launch, but stand stills are shit.

Also what exactly does the wire cut for transmission lock up do, I am considering wiring the brake and trans' mods to the TCS switch, to make it the FUN switch.

NZJP have told me they will have the workshop mannual ready in 3 months, they advertise on Trademe the NZ trader site.

faaaaaaaaark what a long thread, packed full of great information, thanks to all the contributors.

However I did not see the actual story on how to eliminate the problem I'm having, which is, How to get the wagon to do a burnout! I have TCS off. it will light up a little when I launch, but stand stills are shit.

Also what exactly does the wire cut for transmission lock up do, I am considering wiring the brake and trans' mods to the TCS switch, to make it the FUN switch.

there are a few options to be able to do burnouts

1. sell your stagea and get a commodore

2. grow up and dont try to do burnouts in car designed for AWD

there are a few options to be able to do burnouts

1. sell your stagea and get a commodore

2. grow up and dont try to do burnouts in car designed for AWD

commodores are not my friend, chocolate is!

I'm too old to grow up, and I am quite iresponsible

My car is RWD

oh and I'm a drifter, D1NZ