SAU Community

Help Needed- Something Went Pop!

I have a 33 with fmic and hks pod filter, I seemed to be having slight overfueling problems between 4500-5500 rpm ( it would splutter) and then take off around 6000 rpm. Last night I gradually accelerated to the splutter point and held it there to see if it would improve just for a second and ther was a ppppeeeewwww sound: now the car wont idle, it only starts if you put the accelerator flat down: and it barely drives, as you let the clutch out it just seemes to cut out and hop down the road. as soon as any power is put on it cuts out. It's a little like when the air flow meter is not plugged in, only worse, it wont even idle. Can anyone help me with what it might be, either blown air meter or maybe a pipe has popped off somewhere( had a look and couldnt see anything wrong) . also the BOV doesnt go off either when revved. Hope its not serious, any help would be great.

Thanks

Patrick

thanks guys, i only had a quick look at the pipes at night and didnt notice anything, will have to have a look today. does anyone know how to clean an afm?

+1 for intercooler pipe. That peeewww sound is alot like the sound a pipe popping off makes. Have a quick check over all the clamps and see what happens. Is blowing a shit load of black smoke???

Even if you popped a piston, it would still idle, but most likely blow a lot a whitish smoke.

BIG vacuum leak from what youve said. check all the piping and hoses between the AFM and the inlet, not just the intercooler piping, hose might have popped off or got a tear. Hope you find it either way. :wave:

Edited by r33nut

• 3 weeks later...
+1 for intercooler pipe. That peeewww sound is alot like the sound a pipe popping off makes. Have a quick check over all the clamps and see what happens. Is blowing a shit load of black smoke???

Even if you popped a piston, it would still idle, but most likely blow a lot a whitish smoke.

i thought turbo was white smoke?