SAU Community

R33 Series 2 Vs. R24 Neo

pricer-1

So I have been looking into a RB swap for my S13 and I think I want to go with the R34 Neo but I have a few questions about differences between the Neo and Series 2 engines. When it comes to upgrades or even just OEM parts will the parts for a Series 2 motor work on a Neo? Physically what are the differences? Also what parts should I consider replacing before installing the engine into my S13?

bugger all difference apart from the head setup, slight power increase due to a minor turbo change in the rear housing.

other than that, nothing. You would be hard pressed to notice the 10/15kw (not @ the wheels) increase as it was marginal

POSTING IN THE RIGHT SECTION MIGHT HELP TOO!

heard of nissansilvia.com?

Yeah actually I have, but I am not asking you about how to swap one into a Silvia but the differences between the two engines. Which has nothing to do with my car JACKA**!

POSTING IN THE RIGHT SECTION MIGHT HELP TOO!

I believe m'learned friend was referring to the fact that you posted this question in the "Classic Skylines" forum, rather than the Forced Induction Performance one. So what part of your question has anything to do with Classic Skylines? Let's see:

S13 Silvia - NO

R34 NEO - NO

R33 Series 2 - NO

Which has nothing to do with my car JACKA**!

I think you summed it up nicely.

Should have been in FI but to give closure .

Neo RB25DET IMO has advantages in its non hydraulic buckets , it allows you to use aftermarket cams with bias towards performance rather than just surviving with hydraulic buckets . Also the CAS is a more accurate thing though may not be an issue for you .

Younger engine so less used up .

Cheers A .

To go any further this thread should be transfered to FI .

• 4 weeks later...