SAU Community

Tasmanian Trip Feb 2008

Roy

Have your say  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Returned today from 6 days in tassy. I drove a hyundi getz's 1600ks's and have to say had an absolute ball. I'd be in for the trip work permitting, I'd say 80% atm.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
any chance you guys can organise this on the 15th-20th of april cause i really want to go for the targa and see the R35 in action

Good idea. Main issue for me will be funds, cant say yay or nay anytime soon.

any chance you guys can organise this on the 15th-20th of april cause i really want to go for the targa and see the R35 in action

I want to go to Tassie to drive, not to spectate :rolleyes:

Watching a 1800kg pink thing with an automatic gearbox or blasting around new race tracks in my car ?? LOL my car is a bucket but i would rather be driving it then watching a god awful R35 :rolleyes:

We are having a meeting next Friday afternoon to confirm the SAU motorsport calender for the year. Once this is finalised we will be confirming dates for this trip.

IT IS STILL GOING AHEAD!!! We just need to look at the dates as the calender is already pretty busy with Circuit Sprints, Drag Days, DECA and the addition of a few hill climbs.

Watching a 1800kg pink thing with an automatic gearbox or blasting around new race tracks in my car ?? LOL my car is a bucket but i would rather be driving it then watching a god awful R35 :)

We are having a meeting next Friday afternoon to confirm the SAU motorsport calender for the year. Once this is finalised we will be confirming dates for this trip.

IT IS STILL GOING AHEAD!!! We just need to look at the dates as the calender is already pretty busy with Circuit Sprints, Drag Days, DECA and the addition of a few hill climbs.

GREAT!! Sounds like another awesome year! Hopefully my car will be on the road for most of it :rolleyes:

so your telling me you would'nt want to catch a glimpse of the first 35 in the country in action??? :rolleyes:

it was just an idea man so if it goes ahead i'll be in 100%

I didn't say it was bad or anything.

But if i am going to spend $2000+ for a week in Tassie, i would much rather spend it driving the roads, instead of sitting on the sidelines waiting all day for a 2sec glimpse at the R35 GTR.

Even though i would really love to do Targa (highly unlikely), i can not justify spending all that money just to spectate :)

The R35 will be around soon enough, i can wait till the time comes where i see, feel, and admire the 35GTR at my own pace

You don't need a track car for this Tassie trip. Sure there is a track day or two, but you will still have heaps of fun in a std car. On the roads we will be abiding by all traffic laws and having a great time.

Best track car is your near std road car. Nothing ever breaks on them :( You only start calling it a track car when it becomes an unreliable POS because you have way too many mods :D

But in case ppl havent picked up on it yet, the Feb date is likely to change simply because the difficulty with releasing the events calender this year.

belive me my car is far from trackworthy first of all those 20kg chromes have to go a much needed oil cooler and the *cough* auto *cough* lol

well if you really feel that way, passenger laps are always GREAT!!

well if you really feel that way, passenger laps are always GREAT!!

yeh i've been with ant on passenger laps at calder man that was the most fun i've had in a skyline so far (yes and that includes the back seat) thanks again ant :rolleyes:

sorry for the off topic guys.