SAU Community

HKS Plugs, just got 6, what are they like?

Well to my supprise I found 6 near new HKS Plugs in the new donk I got for my GTR. Does anyone have them and are they any good. They are currently spending the night in a sonic bath and will be going in tomorrow.

Yepp, I've got them in my GTS-t. I haven't have any miss fires or anything like that (touch wood).

Last time I looked at them they were a little dirty from the typical R33's overfueling while on boost.

Are you getting yours cleaned? Is it possible to clean plugs when they get fouled?

BTW: they sell for about $25 each :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

Guy's I don't mean to sound rude,,,,but you don't actually think HKS make plugs do you??????. They would be Nippon-Denso or NGK's.....

Oz GTR97V an Ultra-Sonic bath with Platium Tips,,,,,Interesting....What fluid did you use????. I would be most interested in how your plugs run after such a bath. Please keep me posted.

Neil.

Oz: hows the festiva :)

I need some plugs so I to am interested in this one. I tried 3 places for iridiums last week and everyone was out of stock.

I thought I might explore the HKS plug route.....

Excuse my ignorance but whats this about a sonic bath>?

BY BY,,,,,an Utrasonic-Bath is a device that produce millions of really,really,really small bubbles in a small stainless container. It's used to clean jewellery,,,ect and more importantly Injectors......Every Injector cleaning company uses one to clean the Injector before Flow testing it. I'm just wondering what it might do to the Ceramics of a Spark Plug.

Neil.

ndr,

The fluid was the same as what was used to clean my injectors. Apparently they look like new and fire fine. The proof will be in the pudding when it gets started today.

ByBy,

The festi still sux, I cant wait to have that adrenalins rush you get from a high powered GTR. Its been hard, today makes exactly 11 weeks with out my baby. I should have the car back either Friday or Sat, depending on any issues.

Jay,

I think spark plugs are too much of a commodity to warrant doing too much like fixing the fouling. Once a plug gets old you best put them in the bin. I only cleaned mine because they looked new and the sonic bath was right there.

yea i had them in my gts never had a misfire in 1.5 years.

thought i would change them so i payed for some of those irridiums which coincidently look 100% the same as the hks one. the irridiums had a miss at the same gap so i put the old hks ones back in. still going strong

pete

Originally posted by fatz

yea i had them in my gts never had a misfire in 1.5 years.

thought i would change them so i payed for some of those irridiums which coincidently look 100% the same as the hks one. the irridiums had a miss at the same gap so i  put the old hks ones back in. still going strong

pete

Yeah big fella I had the exact same results after trying a set of Iridiums, I ended going back to standard old BCP6ES's. I'm now running NGK BKR7EVX's & have never had a miss since using 'em!