SAU Community

Gtr Making No Boost!

whiteboy01

sucking and blowing then swapping?

Wastegates actuators could be stuffed ie. the spring opening the wastegate at any pressure

To test that remove the hose running to the actuator and rev and see if it makes any more then 0psi

Edited by str00th

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, well if theye are both sucking, and wooshing etc etc. then they work.

heres what to do next. you need to block off the blowoff valves. (the pipes that come up to the airflow meter pipes.) idealy you want to block them where the are. (drivers side brake duct)

this is just a random thing.. but i saw someone postin, that if 1 turbo dies.. it halves the boost???

just thought id let u know and everyone else that doesnt know, that twin turbos dont work like that.. 1 doesnt make 3.5psi and the other one another 3.5psi.. otherwise ud be able to run more than 14psi on a ceramic turbo.. they both make the same boost.. but because theres 2 turbos, the actual flow is twice as much.. so if one T28 makes 400cfm @ 7psi.. then two will make approximately 800cfm @ 7spi..

as for ur no boost... its not gonna be turbos.. i still think its ur bovs.. theyre sizeable enough to leak all ur boost, without stallin ur car (they are a valve after all..) what might be happening is a vacuum line going to ur bov's might have been severed.. They need pressure in the line to stay closed and then the pressure in the intercooler piping plus the vacuum in the vac lines (going to bov) opens them up during no throttle.. maybe theres no pressure in the "vac" line to keep it closed..

Shit hey 240?

I allways get ripped off. All well.

UPDATE TIME: Taken BOTH turbos out and to BUST all your bubbles it was the rear turbo. The exhaust wheel have come off and logded it self in the turbo. The front wheel wasn't turning nor was the rear. The shaft in the middle was snapped. Pretty f**ked up hey!

PICS come tomorrow. Such a relief that it was the turbos because i got abit worryed when everybody thinks it's something else. The wastegates were fine. Everything was fine. No leaks in the system no leaks in the BOV's. It was that turbo shaft that was f**ked.

All well. Now it's time for the INSTALL. Probly going to take as long if not longer. So far it's taken 7 hours to take them out...

this is just a random thing.. but i saw someone postin, that if 1 turbo dies.. it halves the boost???

just thought id let u know and everyone else that doesnt know, that twin turbos dont work like that.. 1 doesnt make 3.5psi and the other one another 3.5psi.. otherwise ud be able to run more than 14psi on a ceramic turbo.. they both make the same boost.. but because theres 2 turbos, the actual flow is twice as much.. so if one T28 makes 400cfm @ 7psi.. then two will make approximately 800cfm @ 7spi..

as for ur no boost... its not gonna be turbos.. i still think its ur bovs.. theyre sizeable enough to leak all ur boost, without stallin ur car (they are a valve after all..) what might be happening is a vacuum line going to ur bov's might have been severed.. They need pressure in the line to stay closed and then the pressure in the intercooler piping plus the vacuum in the vac lines (going to bov) opens them up during no throttle.. maybe theres no pressure in the "vac" line to keep it closed..

yeah. bovs is the next logical step. ps.. with no vac lines hooked up it will still hold 10 pound :ninja:

no boost at all? does it sound abit funny out the exhaust? id be suspecting a ceramic turbo failed. ive had ones die on standard boost with no mods.
Shit hey 240?

I allways get ripped off. All well.

UPDATE TIME: Taken BOTH turbos out and to BUST all your bubbles it was the rear turbo. The exhaust wheel have come off and logded it self in the turbo. The front wheel wasn't turning nor was the rear. The shaft in the middle was snapped. Pretty f**ked up hey!

PICS come tomorrow. Such a relief that it was the turbos because i got abit worryed when everybody thinks it's something else. The wastegates were fine. Everything was fine. No leaks in the system no leaks in the BOV's. It was that turbo shaft that was f**ked.

All well. Now it's time for the INSTALL. Probly going to take as long if not longer. So far it's taken 7 hours to take them out...

:ninja:

:)

UPDATE TIME

Finsihed putting the new turbos on. Thanks Hyperdrive Motorsport f**king legends! BOY O BOY the difference the new turbos make. The old ones must of been f**ked or piping isusses? Anyways did some upgrading of the old clamps, bolts, gaskets,nuts ect and the differnce is F**CKING AWESOME. Spool time is nearly instant and power pulls something curl! Another thing is i can here the blow off values heaps more now. Whats the go?

Blocked cat usually it will feel flat and retarded one blown turo will result in no boost what so ever and the symptoms you described cat is a remote possibility but being a GTR dave is going to be right in that its spat an exhaust wheel.
no boost at all? does it sound abit funny out the exhaust? id be suspecting a ceramic turbo failed. ive had ones die on standard boost with no mods.

Hmmmm way back on page 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Risking

Sorry if i didn't believe you guys way back on page1 but it is alot easier to remove your cat then to remove your turbo....

It's not making more boost becasue it's still making 0.8bar. Just feels alot more boost but not. Thanks guys.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

I made it to the show and shine in Geraldton on sunday. I did a dyno run and got 201 with winding out 4 and hitting the 180 limit. Theres the video!