SAU Community

Jdm Round 3- Qld Raceway

sorry only saw this thread now!

doing the JDM series is something I want to get into at some stage. I will be doing the Top Gear rounds next year, will it also be possible to do the JDM rounds as well or will the schedule be too hectic? for example I dont really want to be doing a JDM round on a saturday and back up and do a Top Gear round on a sunday.

but yes I am very interested in this format.

how did everyone go?

the jdm stuff which is the category in the state championships is a full weekends of racing. Goes over both saturday and sunday with scrutineering, two lots of qualifying and one race sat and the other two races sunday.

when is the next event? I would like to come along and spectate.

does anyone have the JDM calendar for next year?

this would be a great series to promote if someone with a bit of influence got behind it.

when is the next event? I would like to come along and spectate.

does anyone have the JDM calendar for next year?

this would be a great series to promote if someone with a bit of influence got behind it.

The next round is on Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th of November. Its the last round for this year, and next years calender hasn't been published yet by Qld Raceway. If you go to their website and look at the calender you'll see the dates of the QRCS which is where the JDM stuff is run.

Sadly there aren't too many people of "influence" around who can push the series and promote it.

Those of us who have been attending the rounds try and promote it but people seem barely interested as they'd rather thrash a car in drift then race it. Either that or they say "yeah yeah I'll be there..." then never show. Disappointing really since there are scores of capable cars around. Hundreds of cool import cars, and no-one wants to use them :bunny:

The next round is on Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th of November. Its the last round for this year, and next years calender hasn't been published yet by Qld Raceway. If you go to their website and look at the calender you'll see the dates of the QRCS which is where the JDM stuff is run.

Sadly there aren't too many people of "influence" around who can push the series and promote it.

Those of us who have been attending the rounds try and promote it but people seem barely interested as they'd rather thrash a car in drift then race it. Either that or they say "yeah yeah I'll be there..." then never show. Disappointing really since there are scores of capable cars around. Hundreds of cool import cars, and no-one wants to use them ;)

know how you feel, most people are into drift, drag, v8s. for some reason.

If holden/ford (v8) hadnt whinged about losing group A back in the day so hard to the turbo'd cars i think circuit racing would be alot more interesting to watch and im sure there would be bigger club events with turbo cars encouraged to run rather then everyone thinking v8's are the only things to do real racing and that all jap import cars are built for drifting.

I think the main problem is that a great deal of the cool imports are all street cars and owned by teenagers or very young adults and not proper race cars that can be allowed to race and risk getting damaged. Its the main reason why everyone is keen on doing timeattack stuff and staying away from anything physical.

when is the next day on?

I would like to get out and meet with a few of you fellas.

i have a circuit / street r32 gtr N1 landing from japan this week that I was planning on regularly coming to circuit sprints @QR in. At minimum will love to watch this stuff.

What kind of restrictions / classes are there for this JDM series?

Thanks

Michael

when is the next day on?

I would like to get out and meet with a few of you fellas.

i have a circuit / street r32 gtr N1 landing from japan this week that I was planning on regularly coming to circuit sprints @QR in. At minimum will love to watch this stuff.

What kind of restrictions / classes are there for this JDM series?

Thanks

Michael

Four posts up, you'd have read the answer to the first question.

Restrictions? None at all. Basic safety requirements as per all racing, rollcage, harness, race suit, fire extinguisher, capable car.

Go Here for more specifics- JDM Forum outline

ok, so most horsepower wins? :)

thanks for the link, looks like all questions answered there.

How big are the fields you are getting?

I will get out and have a watch for sure. Don't know about having a go until I have seen it... :D

Edited by wrxkilla

Looks like i might be joining you guys mid next year, in my 33 which is gonna be built up to be a circuit car/street car from the biggining of next year as funds allow.

Not so sure about bolting a cage in the car but i guess we will see how nuts i go on the build.

Andrew

Looks like i might be joining you guys mid next year, in my 33 which is gonna be built up to be a circuit car/street car from the biggining of next year as funds allow.

Not so sure about bolting a cage in the car but i guess we will see how nuts i go on the build.

Andrew

You need a cage to go racing

I wont be racing this year now. Too much crap has hit the fan with work and the car etc. so I'll be using the balance of this year to clean up and prepare the car properly for next year.

You need a cage to go racing

I wont be racing this year now. Too much crap has hit the fan with work and the car etc. so I'll be using the balance of this year to clean up and prepare the car properly for next year.

ok so you need a cage to do the JDM series.

what about the Top Gear series? My 300 doesnt have a cage in it yet, do you need a cage to run in the Top Gears?

this is something id luv to get into, but money is a real problem for me. Maybe I could join a team, and help out :dry: so any one preparing to enter this series, in need of an extra mech hand, or driver let me know :)

I've tried to think of ways to help get people into motorsport, yes its expensive, but I also know how much fun it is :D

perhaps I will be able to help in the future somehow because I would like to.

however in the meantime...

what about getting a group of guys together to build a race car, maybe 5 or so guys, to make is less expensive to build a competitive car and get into it? and you could share the driving duties evenly between the team.

i have looked at going into something like this with makes, it all works well until someone crashes the car. yeah motorsports are expensive however if you want to get on the track and have fun there are some cheaper ways of doing this.

I was sure you required a full cage to race at top gear....but then one weekend there was a bloudy pretty well stock gtr with no cage and he was out there running with the rest of us...so yeh im not sure what the go is now. Probably best to check with qr about that to get the latest news on it.