SAU Community

Massive Miss Fire Along With A Few Other Issues

nisskid

I gonna get the JJR coils in mine when I get time..!

They did specify 10% more spark voltage, so it has to be worth a try, even if they live for 2-3 years.

I cant see any lightning show either, but we are sure its the coils breaking down. they do arc inside as well, so you may not see any external indications of problems.

I was running 22psi, but even on 14, it spits and f@rts now.

What ever happens inside them, it just gets worse as time goes on.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i guess my main worry here is, it does miss a bit, but really it isnt a consistent miss, it happens here and there but mainly pretty smooth, gutless but smooth. under load it breaks down a bit, but for the power loss there i would expect more missing. basically what im saying is the power loss doesnt feel like its coming from the miss (aka a ignition issue)

I finally think I fixed my problem :blink:

After redoing the entire ignition it was idling fine and ran better than ever up to 3k where it cut out. AFM was reading fine so the only thing left to swap over was the CAS. As soon as I put my mates CAS on it went up to limiter no problem. I opened mine up and there was a heap of fine red dust in there and the rear bearing was screwed, I cleaned the encoder and the optics and it seems to have fixed it.

The dodgy coilpacks, looser alternator belt, battery not holding it charge and fouled plugs didn't really help either. But she runs sweet as now :blink:

ahk well boostworx are going to check it out on tuesday. gave the car a rev today and f**k me u should have seen the black smoke coming out the back. we are thinking i might be something to do with the map now, not sure.

well i tested another cas today to no avail :)

tried the ignitor pack too but it seems the rb25 ones aren't compatible, so i still have to hunt one down.

Going to get a compression test done this week hopefully and see how it goes

just to let people know it ended up being a leak in the i/c hosing, which i kind of had my suspicions on, especially after i tightened up the clamps and it made a difference. the issue was the hosing was old and leaking so no matter how tight they were it was leaking. runs nicely now, still rough as guts idle (like its always had) but it doesnt stall anymore.

Grab some silicon and cover the base of the coil pack while trying to push some in between the bracket and the coil pack its self.

I found the best way to find which coil was arcing out was to remove the centre coil cover wait for night; take the car for a drive get it warm, park, leave the car running and then watch the lightening show. :w00t:

If you can't see anything give it quick blips of the throttle and watch down the sides of the coils.

All 6 of mine were arcing out. ;)

silicon is conductive mate. yea i didnt think so either but it is