SAU Community

Drifting

Hey guys, i was just wondering i'm here in rainy melbourne and i dont do it often but sometimes if there is an a wide open road with a highly visable corner i'll play drift.

My amature technique is to hold the clutch in 2nd or 3rd, give it a bit of revs and let her rip whilst throwing a bit of opposite lock, it works a treat.. but there must be other ways of setting up a drift?

I was also wondering does anyone in Victoria hold drift track days, i'd like to practice more on a track rather than on the street.

And lastly are the skylines easy drifters?

cheers

Anthony :)

• 2 weeks later...

Depends what sort of skyline you mean. 32's seem to be pretty good, not many people drift 33's are they're pretty heavy, and no one really drifts 34's cause they're so expensive.

That doesn't mean it can't be done though.

That's pretty much the easiest way to drift, if it's a really big wide long corner, just hit it at pace and turn hard, if it's wet the bum should come out a bit and spin the wheels and the car will come sideways. I don't know about Victoria, but we had a skidpan day up here recently, my car was broken and I couldn't go :) but that's basically all the day was.

Guest Simon-MrRx7

acctualkly its safer in the wet.. easier to break traction therefore speeds are lower, if u loop it u just usually spin out in ya own car length..

when its dry your pushing it harder and faster... if u loose it.. cange are u gonna hit something harder.

Wet is also better for tyres :)

i was once getting a new set of rear on my rx7 every 2nd week :(

Best place to drift is turn 2 at EC... second best place is turn 9 at EC.

Wet is better for tyres, and easier to get it all hanging out... but it is also easier to lose it!