SAU Community

Tsukuba Race Prep (all Finished, Some Vids & Pics ) !

giant

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice one russ, tonsils just slow you down on those 3 litre asahi cans mate. hmm, another boy may mean I'm buying the first few rounds though as I'm predicting you will be flat broke for the next years as your kids do their best to bankrupt you! maybe we can start with the 130ml cans and work up to the 3L.

anyway, congratulations on the new family member mate. :sorcerer:

you guys a mad ! "weight saving" lol

3litre asahi

i looking forward to this.

the young fella better like motorsport! now i have Jake and Blake, sounds like shake and bake(telladaga nights anyone) :)

russ

Hi guys!

Probably won't see you before you leave so GOOD LUCK WITH THE RACE!!!!!! It's a shame I won't be able to go over & see you race, cheer you on & :no: Oh....& I need you to brainwash Dazza while you're over there into setting his car up so that I can be co-driver in future events :sorcerer: (his seat's bolted to the floor which means I can't reach the peddles or see over the steering wheel).

Best of luck guys!!!!!!

From the girl who loves to thrash GTR's

xx

hello missy bnr!! thanks for the good luck, i am only just getting over getting my tonsils out!! bloody painful at my old age.

i will be brainwashing dazza too i think he should drive with you or better still drive with sarah! all girl team to kick some butt!

not long to go now guys, cars has apparently landed and hopefully gets off the boat and through customs forwarders okay. fingers crossed

i am going to need a new liver after this trip! can't wait

cheers russ

Russ doing our best to convert Steve ( squeeky ) from AAT over from the dark side ( EVO ) to the skyline side. Tells me he is set for the Japan trip! Which has put my engine rebuild on the back burner until Jan.

And if your looking for a few little things to hang on him ask him about Bernard bear :-)

Hey Russ, or who-ever can answer really.

Whats the rules for the Time Attack stuff in Japan?

What tyres etc, that sort of thing? I notice no-one runs slicks? Is that their choice or a rule?

Im more curious about 2WD then 4WD if that makes any difference to rules?

Basically theres a few classes (based on whether it is street trim cars or race trim cars, and driveline ie FWD RWD or 4WD), which determine who you compete against.

From what I understand the main rules are that the tyres must be street legal (ie R compound semi slicks typically, no full slicks allowed), and i *think* the mounting points of the suspension must remain factory (ie no onboard dampers or whatever)

Dont think tube frame chassis or anything like that are allowed either.

Engine wise (in terms of HP restrictions etc), I think its basically unlimited, and its more the design of the track that keeps a lid on things (ie its quite tight and technical, so endless HP isnt the answer because the track is this way and the lack of traction without full slicks being used)

Correct me if Im wrong but Im pretty sure thats the gist of it :teehee:

thanks for the good luck!! hope the weather is okay! cold i suspect!

hey john swanny is right, must be on street legal tyres , pretty free for most other things, we actually had trouble finding the japanese timeattack rules and have been going off american time attack rules

which we got from the tomei guys!! because thats what rules they have been using!! go figure. i havent got the rules in front of me but i think the fire wall must remain in the same place too.

link here for those rules

http://krang.superstreetonline.com/eventco..._Rulebook07.pdf

hey chris i didnt know he was an evo man!! poor bloke, will have to straighten him out overthere about that, i mean who has ever seen a quick evo!! we'll except maybe that pesky cyber evo (probably thats a gtr with a body kit!!) joking no flaming :O

bernard bear?? have to remember that. and what happen to your engine or is it a freshen up. DO you know anyone who wants a race prepped r33 gtr as i have one forsale ( not quite finished yet though)

cheers russ

p.s how did you go with some slicks??

Russ,

send me a link or such and i will post your 33 on the petrol heads forum here local interst in on the up i can tell you, never know who is lurcking on those things LOL.

have a set of part worns AVON 240 x 640 x 18 in good shape and just about got my stick fingers on some 285's for you still a work in progress but hopeful.

Yer just a new oil pump and bearings would you believe i must have caught it in time as they were still in reasonable shape. Oil pump was broken in two though! quick crank polish :-) and back together tomorrow night. Should last 2 more meeting until we get new engine done.

Car was much better in the few runs i got in, the track was really slippery ( sand ) on those runs but better all the same aiming for next wednesday evening to give her a test run.

And sadly yes Steve has created a bloody quick EVO here in fact about 100 of the bloody things, currently driving around in 560hp version he has built up for a client. Please have a word with him and tell him that bernard the bear is quite fast enough now :-).

And congrat's on the bub!

You will enjoy your time in Japan spent 4 months there with the soccer would cup in 2002. And thoughly enjoyed it.

Fly the flag mate, fly it high and fly it proud.