SAU Community

Getting Throughh The Firewall

66yostagea

After six months of thinking about it I finally got time to fit my boost gauge plus boost control.

Once I get it all in place tomorrow I will get some pics, now my computer is working. It is a pretty simple operation but oh so effin fiddley.

One thing that seriously troubled me was the amount of crap, dirt leaves etc, that was banked up on the sill behind the inner guard lining. At least two big double handfuls. So tomorrow I'll be looking behind the L/H liner.

I see this as a quite serious future cause of RUST in the frontmost part of the sill if wet for a while.

When putting it back together I will be sealing allround the guard liner to prevent the ingress of crap.

After six months of thinking about it I finally got time to fit my boost gauge plus boost control.

Once I get it all in place tomorrow I will get some pics, now my computer is working. It is a pretty simple operation but oh so effin fiddley.

One thing that seriously troubled me was the amount of crap, dirt leaves etc, that was banked up on the sill behind the inner guard lining. At least two big double handfuls. So tomorrow I'll be looking behind the L/H liner.

I see this as a quite serious future cause of RUST in the frontmost part of the sill if wet for a while.

When putting it back together I will be sealing allround the guard liner to prevent the ingress of crap.

This is behind the tyres right? Pic would be great, might have a look at mine tomorrow too!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah eassiest way to feed anything is behind your driver side wheel through the grommet the ACCY wire buyndle goes into.

Use a sharp phillips head with the wire taped and poke through. then find it on the interior side.