SAU Community

R32 Ls1 Conversion

BezerkR32

1st and last mate. no more, lost enough hair lol.

planning on ducting the front bar when i get her back. the tossers will think the radiator is a cooler anyway.

trust me, the cam is big enough, its the bigest hydraulic comp cams has ground for a small cube ls1. we were gambling that the fact the car is lighter than your average comodore that we will get away with it. plus the diff ratio and 6 speed should help. ill send her over if the missus makes me sell it.

Does look great, though looks wierd not having anything hanging out through the opening in the bar. May have to glass it back to teh radiator so you dont see light through there.

Tell me where to write a 10k checque for the conversion and i will post it off....only i know it woudl cost way more then 10k :D

All it needs to be truly toss worthy is a close ratio box and a big silly cam to make the thing nice and peaky and make good top end. LOL, i seem to like spending money making cars slower :)

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what diff ratio you running mate? and what are the 6 speed ratios? I know the commodores have silly gears in the 3s so pretty much any skyline ratio from the 3.9:1s to the 4.4:1s will be a big difference and should work well.

im pretty sure its a 4.3:1. yeh the holden ratios were way to tall, you get get a commodore to boogie by putting in a set of 3.7s. as for the box ratios im not sure.

what diff ratio you running mate? and what are the 6 speed ratios? I know the commodores have silly gears in the 3s so pretty much any skyline ratio from the 3.9:1s to the 4.4:1s will be a big difference and should work well.

im pretty sure its a 4.3:1. yeh the holden ratios were way to tall, you get get a commodore to boogie by putting in a set of 3.7s. as for the box ratios im not sure.

yeah 4.3 will be nice. the commodore ones are just stupid.

legs arent the issue, i couldnt shift into 6th under 105kmh in the commodore without labouring it.

i put it off the clock in 5th, 230kmh. stock standard vx ss. should see alot more of 6th gear now.

I have a 4.3 in mine, and the gearing is far too low (although Im using a w57 5spd) When I get a chance Im gonna stick a gts25 3.5 or a diesel laurel 3.9 centre in so I have some legs

that would be great, but have a few things to finish, and not sure when ill get her back from the sparky.

but ill come along for a look anyway. was looking at getting it done for power-cruise, just so i could get it out somewhere to run it in and bed brakes in etc, but a track day would be better. its a shame superlap is on F1 weekend, would have loved to let her loose for that.

looking close stuart....we'll post up track days in jan/feb in events section. I'm taking the production car out testing to a few would be good to see this frankenstein turn a corner too.

• 2 weeks later...