SAU Community

R32 Ls1 Conversion

BezerkR32

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, serviced the car yesterday, nothing special, just oil & filter. also dropped the rubbish nulon gearbox oil out and replaced it with some Repsol synthetic matic atf. Much better.

checked and adjusted the wheel alignment,

running 6 deg caster, 3 deg neg camber and 1.5mm toe out on front.

3 deg neg camber and 1.8mm toe in on rear.

will see how it goes. Bring on wakefield.

Had a great day at Wakefield, eventually got the tune sorted after datalogging a few laps, car was very lean in places so happy to get it sorted.

Diff is tired, needs a re-build, tyres also tired, so am i, but happy with the car.

managed to real off a few 1.08s in the last session which was very good.

hope to get diff done and some tyres for SAU track day.

This thing sounds just like a v8Supercab while it goes around the track.

So well prepared and not to mention quick for it's first outing!

Great stuff!

yeh this one is, id speak to an engineer first.

Can i just ask somethign (and i'll be honest i haven't read the whole thread) but is this a track only car? As im looking to do an LS* V8 conversion on an R32 but am aiming for street use..

Can i just ask somethign (and i'll be honest i haven't read the whole thread) but is this a track only car? As im looking to do an LS* V8 conversion on an R32 but am aiming for street use..

you may run into issues with the "you cant putting a V8 into a car under XXXXkg" rules

yeh not sure, ppl are putting vh45s in s13 silvias, whats a few extra cubes. whats a street trim 32 weigh?

you may run into issues with the "you cant putting a V8 into a car under XXXXkg" rules

Thankyou craved!!! 6.0L NA will do perfectly then!

Will have a detremental affect on turbo'ing it though....hmmm...oh well...as long as i can do it that's the main thing!

Is it true when you put a GM V8 in an R32 you have to for go the power steering?

Thankyou craved!!! 6.0L NA will do perfectly then!

Will have a detremental affect on turbo'ing it though....hmmm...oh well...as long as i can do it that's the main thing!

Is it true when you put a GM V8 in an R32 you have to for go the power steering?

They don't need turboing... It'll go like hell without one!

Think about it, take a VE Commodore with a 6.0L, what're they, 1.6T? Now drop 250KG... Throw a cam in, exhaust, tune done...

I'd have done it to mine except people want too much money!

there are also startermotor relocation kits available now which puts the starter on the other side which would solve all the issues. if your 32 goes 1350kg, you will be 450kg lighter than a VE, trust me, you dont need to turbo it. the car turns 3rd gear for fun. the torque is massive.

found a thread on sump extensions and baffeling, going to do this before next track day.

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh....php?t=67247482

Oh really? sweet! that'd be better than not having powersteering lol