SAU Community

R32 Ls1 Conversion

BezerkR32

a little more progress on the fuel rail, trial fitted them again today, just need a little more off to fit perfect. The good thing is the bonett closes.

Also fitted some steering stops as the 235s foul on the castor rod on lock, so these are adjusted to stop this.

post-20078-1239710598_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1239710665_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1239710710_thumb.jpg

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart,,,it's looking fantastic tiger.

Are you going to make heat shields for the side pipes,,,you wouldn't wanna burn that pretty paint.

What makes me laugh is how many Skyline owners and racers love the sound of a V8. Secretly deep down we all love the roar,,,don't we boys and girls.

Neil.

not sure if i want an audience as my driving stinks and it might break down LOL.

Im aiming for John Bostons track day next month.

Hi mate great work on the project this is a weapon of a car.When is the first outing for this car as I would like to turn up to watch it at the track?

I cannot believe how nice the exhaust looks - cannot wait to hear this thing come to life for the first time.

Clinton and I will have to come over and check out the steering stops that you have made as we will have to build the same for his car.

not sure if i want an audience as my driving stinks and it might break down LOL.

Im aiming for John Bostons track day next month.

Damn I was so looking forward to see your car at wakie. There's still a week to go ya know:)

Plus your driving can't be as bad as mine LOL

i know im spewing too, would have liked to make this meeting, but it wont happen.

Hope to have all the tin-work done this week. Aiming to fire it next Saturday. Then have to tune it and set suspension up. You guys have fun, ill be at the next one.

Damn I was so looking forward to see your car at wakie. There's still a week to go ya know:)

Plus your driving can't be as bad as mine LOL

just a small update, was talking with my mate who is tuning the car and i asked him about launch control and data logging, he said that both are possible with the standard ecu. stoked. :D

ill probably be running around like a chook with no head lol. ill get someone else to video it.

Had a productive evening tonight, Fabricated a IAC (idle air control) to suit the new manifold. Butchered the standard throttlebody to do it but hey. Just have to plumb it up.

Also fabricated the breather can and radiator overflow. Ill do all the plumbing 2morro.

Also finished the fuel rails, can plumb them and fit pressure guage.

busy week ahead.

You need to be sure to have the video camera hand for the first firing

post-20078-1240838008_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1240838143_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1240838230_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1240838310_thumb.jpg

yeh so far so good. finished all the plumbing tonight and started the door trims and parcel shelf.

told you those Jim Berry clutches are a good thing :thumbsup:

Looks great Stu!

Still on track for Oran Park?

Oh, and the clutch is awesome. :)

yes it runs............whoooohoooo.

It actually went accidently. We primed the fuel system to set fuel presure and check for leaks, and i thought i would give it a crank just to see if we had enough battery and it popped. i thought SH*T, THIS IS GOING TO FIRE....so i cranked it again and off she went. Only ran it for thirty seconds or so but sounded the business and all the vitals were there. ie oil pressure etc.

Had some ECU connection issues as the computer wouldnt let us talk to it, so going to try another one on monday. Think this one may have been security locked. but overall very happy. :wub:

Just talked to stu, He kicked it over but I was mega busy.

Had some issues with the ECU but it still started.

Gunna get it on the Dyno and then get some video of it. Should be good.