SAU Community

R32 Ls1 Conversion

BezerkR32

i know its freaky hey,

would have loved to come down and watch even, but have to get this going, dont want too miss any more good days.

Im looking good, as long as there is no more tuning issues, should have it finished by the end of this week, just the wheel alignment to sort out. Any help would be much apreciated (Duncan, Brad) lol

OMG these things run computers now! Don't you need to equalise your carbies or something?

You missed an excellent day today, the next one is pretty soon so get your shit together :banana:

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, what can i say, alls well that ends well. ECU came back from Melbourne, all cleared, unlocked with security removed and a base tune installed. Sourced a air temp sensor plug from wrecking yard and wired it in and TPS wiring was also sorted. Com plug wiring was also repaired so our ECU to laptop interface is working. Checked fan operation and battery isolater/ E stop.

Made some basic tune mods to get the car to run alot better. Set base fuel pessure, TPS and base idle. Had to close the butterflys all the way as idle was too high and let the IAC control idle. took alot of fuel out to compensate for the larger injectors and then gave it some revs.........Holy sh$t.......i hope there is no db limit at OP because this thing was loud. Maybe it was because we were in a brick garage but f@@rk. Tuning car on Saturday afternoon so will hopefully get some video and some dyno figures.

Very happy man ATM.

Thanks to everybody who has helped whether it be physically or with advise and information, and also for the mral support and feedback.

Its been 1 year on saturday since i built the engine so to hear it run was incredible.

absolutely awesome news Stu.

Get vids up ASAP!!!!

And forgot to reply in the Wakie thread, but clutch held up great on the weekend. Did not skip (slip) a beat!

Unfotunately I'm out for next week though, but will do my best to make it out for an hour or so if i can. And as Duncan said get this thing to the next NSW track day. 12th June.

Congrats again.

i so want to be there, but one step at a time, if all survives next wednesday then im there.

absolutely awesome news Stu.

Get vids up ASAP!!!!

And forgot to reply in the Wakie thread, but clutch held up great on the weekend. Did not skip (slip) a beat!

Unfotunately I'm out for next week though, but will do my best to make it out for an hour or so if i can. And as Duncan said get this thing to the next NSW track day. 12th June.

Congrats again.

awesome news mate! it's given me a little motivation to finish mine. I've been on the cusp of packing it in and putting everything up for sale this week. :laugh:

:blush: cmon Baron, you know you will kick yourself, besides im hoping it will all worth it when i get to drive it.

how about i have a holiday and we get stuck into it......you buy plane ticket :starwars: you can have a steer of mine in the mean-time.

awesome news mate! it's given me a little motivation to finish mine. I've been on the cusp of packing it in and putting everything up for sale this week. ;)

after lunch at Webbys. Geting w/alignment in the morning as well as finishing parcel shelf and making rear window.

Got some air filter mesh off a Honda 4 stroke generator to cover the trumpets so small animals dont get sucked in.

then just fidly stuff to do. but have to tune it in the day as its too loud to run at night.

What time saturday? :starwars:

:O cmon Baron, you know you will kick yourself, besides im hoping it will all worth it when i get to drive it.

how about i have a holiday and we get stuck into it......you buy plane ticket :) you can have a steer of mine in the mean-time.

I know, I really do need to finish it. I added up the parts list and when I saw the total value I thought WTF am I doing? Even if I just sold all the parts I'd have a lot of $$. I knew it was a bad idea to add up the bits!

I'll send you a pm about this help offer too! I can do better than a plane ticket and pay you with money. :sick: having seen the work on your car mine would be a snack for you. it's pretty simple from here out. I definitely still want to finish it off with me and some help to do it. There is far to much time and money in it already to just hand it over to a workshop somewhere and hope they do it right.

I definitely want a steer of your car, but after you've had some fun and a few trackdays in it first. :) Since it's not an RB it will probably make it through a few trackdays on the original donk too. hehe.

I think you will like driving mine. It should be good but very different to yours. It will be pretty lethal on track I hope. With the nice motor, little GT-SS turbos, 25psi and a good tune it should make near 350rwkw and with the GTS4 diffs and close box it will leap out of corners. Lots of nice suspension under it too. ok, now I'm getting back into it.

here is a parts list to refresh my memory. all this stuff is here in my garage. just need to screw them together. you may need to read it in two sittings, it's a long list!

Full brand new R34 N1 Nur crate engine

Rebuilt from brand new with:

Trust sump extension

R32 GTS4 diff gears on front diff installed into sump

Tomei 260/9.15mm lift intake and exhaust cams

Tomei adjustable cam gears

nismo timing belt

Nissan N1 balancer

N1 oil pump

N1 water pump

N1 block

Mines cam cover baffles

Tomei 1.2mm head gasket and full gasket set

Tomei oil feed restrictor

Oil returns and water galleries enlarged

Full Prime Garage race head porting, intake and exhaust ports enlarged, squish zones removed on one side of the head

Combustion chambers CC’d

Engine blueprinted and balanced at prime with their forged pistons fitted

Tomei type B Valve springs

R34 N1 Nur covers, and centre coil pack cover and emblem (bloody engine came with two cam covers, but no coil pack cover, that piece alone was about $400!)

Nismo Air flow meters X 2

Nismo engine and gearbox mounts

Sard 700cc injectors

All new Nissan injector O-ring kit (all injector o rings 24 of them!)

Sard dual feed fuel rail

New full trust Super Suction Hard pipe kit (with twin turbo pipe replacement etc, the full kit)

Tomei Expreme stainless exhaust manifolds

Tomei Expreme Dump pipes

HKS Drag type, stainless twin 75m into single 90mm front pipes (the biggest and best, cost a bomb)

Trust Power Evolution TR exhaust, 94mm V-band type race exhaust (the best of the best!) includes cat replacement

HKS GT-SS full turbo kit for GTR

ARC front mount intercooler (love it)

Trust alloy pulley kit

Koyo 40mm 2row radiator

Samco heater hose set (might swap this for a just jap one as they come with more hoses)

Genuine Nissan coil pack harness

R34 GTR Brembo Brakes Front and Rear

Brand new DBA 4000 slotted rotors front and rear to suit

Brand new Project Mu titan HC+ pads front and rear to suit

Front callipers have had steel inserts put in the calliper legs so they can fit 32 and 33 without any modification to the hubs.

Craft Square Carbon Super GT mirrors (not GT look, these are the actual mirrors used in Super GT, same as the ones we put on Mark and Russ's R34)

R32 GTR Nismo 2 way rear LSD with R32 GTS4 diff gears fitted to match the gears in the front diff

The car already has:

Cusco 8 point roll cage with cusco padding kit

ARC front splitter with winglets

BBS LM-GP wheels, Enkei NT03 and a set of Weds TC-05s too. :)

Nismo/Ohlins Flag R coil-overs, full alloy shocks with remote canisters, 4 way adjustable with swift springs. they are a nice piece of gear.

Cusco adjustable upper rear control arms

Ikeya formula adjustable traction rods

Noltec front upper arms

Cusco tension rod brace

Cusco castor rods

Cusco strut braces front and rear

Midori Hicas lock bar

Tomei Hicas lock kit

Whiteline swaybars front and rear

Cusco 3 litre oil catch tank

Cusco brake master stopper

Trust hard pipe kit

Blitz twin type R blow off valve kit

Carbon airbox

Apexi power intake kit (going to use those filters with the trust kit going on)

Full length carbon radiator diffuser panel

Carbon front bar intercooler duct

nismo braided brake lines

Auto gallery yokohama built SS90 gearset

OS Giken twin plate

Nismo clutch pedal box

Nismo clutch pivot

OS Giken braided clutch line

Apexi Power FC

Splitfire full earthing kit

Splitfire coil packs

Nismo fuel pump

Sard fuel pressure regulator

Trust profec B II

Defi BF oil pres guage with extra warning light

Defi BF fuel pres gauge

Defi BF oil temp guage

Defi BF boost gauge

Defi control unit II mounted on carbon panel

Trust oil cooler kit with thermostat and remote filter mount. mounted in the pass side duct

Plus all the cosmetic type stuff like 34 GTR seats, wheel, knob, nismo mats, stereo etc etc. mmm looking at the list does give me some motivation.

Now I want to go play with it.

one word.

vagina

no it's two words.

broke vagina :)

it is a nice list though. it's pretty much my perfect ultimate, super fantasy GTR shopping list. and I now have it all! can you beleive all of this stemmed from my balancer bolt coming loose. I could have had it fixed for about $1000. but I thought, "do I really want to spend $1000 to have the car the same as before?". I thought, if I sell the current engine and get a new simple crate motor that would be good. then it just spiralled out of control from there. so in order to save $1000 on repairs, I spent $40,000 on parts. great work retard.

no it's two words.

broke vagina :)

it is a nice list though. it's pretty much my perfect ultimate, super fantasy GTR shopping list. and I now have it all! can you beleive all of this stemmed from my balancer bolt coming loose. I could have had it fixed for about $1000. but I thought, "do I really want to spend $1000 to have the car the same as before?". I thought, if I sell the current engine and get a new simple crate motor that would be good. then it just spiralled out of control from there. so in order to save $1000 on repairs, I spent $40,000 on parts. great work retard.

I sympathise mate... mine was prompted by a broken manifold, and spiralled into a 2.5 year, way too much $$$'s project that has kept me in the poor house.

I stopped counting, it's easier on the conscience!

Seto CF Cobra :) == CARNT

lol, I left that off the list. didn't want to touch a nerve by mentioning my mint, signed, ex V8 SC, FPR, Glen Seton carbon cobra evolution. the best bit though is the brisby frank-en mount that holds it to the car. it only weighs about 30kg but I love it. thanks brisby. you are a true gentleman. you can drive and bin my cars anytime you need to mate.

shit richard you know how to buy. now get out and race its been aaaages.

Stu, don't know if I said before, but Nick at Racetige for a track alignment. He is ex-east coast (best liner shop around), recently started on his own. He did both Neil and my car on the same day and did a great job with both. Neil's is spot on and I have only 1 change I want to mine, and only because I have a particular style.

BTW Oran Park day on 12/6 has been launched. this gives you all a target :D I'll have the race car there for sure.

thanks Duncan, ive got Gary coming down tomorro morning, he said he would set it up for me and he is a man of his word.

all eyes are on wednesday now, hoping all goes well so i can give andy some chop chop on the 12th.

So when is Richard making the next track day?? Never seen him out there!!

Stu - see you and the beast wednesday mate!!!!!!