SAU Community

Need Best Car Security System!

R33Turbo

Hey guys, im looking for the best car security alarm & immobiliser system to fit in my GTT R34. Because of my R33 S2 being stolen few weeks ago, im very serious about this security thing now.

I wouldn't mind spending up to about $1000 on this, so please advise me of the best alarm system and where to get it installed for a proper job. I was looking at a M80 Mongoose product, which seemed to of received alot of compliments.

What do you guys put in and who does it for you?

Hey guys, im looking for the best car security alarm & immobiliser system to fit in my GTT R34. Because of my R33 S2 being stolen few weeks ago, im very serious about this security thing now.

I wouldn't mind spending up to about $1000 on this, so please advise me of the best alarm system and where to get it installed for a proper job. I was looking at a M80 Mongoose product, which seemed to of received alot of compliments.

What do you guys put in and who does it for you?

i had the mongoose 3 point immobiliser fitted to my r32 and is works good with Greddy turbo timer $450 installed,maybe a bit dearer on its own cause i had mine done with audio system install,they are located fairfield west nsw if your is syd ill let you know

Edited by cjR32gtst

yep im in sydney, so where abouts is it in fairfield and whats the name of the place that does this?

So i can get the mongoose alarm system installed with a turbo timer for $450 in total? is that wat u said?

yep im in sydney, so where abouts is it in fairfield and whats the name of the place that does this?

So i can get the mongoose alarm system installed with a turbo timer for $450 in total? is that wat u said?

no it works well with my existing Greddy timer :( Pulse car audio, shop 1/189A hamilton rd fairfield west 2165 ph 9755 7744 its just about opposite 7/11 fairfield west

ive actually decided on going for the Mongoose M80G, as ive researched that no one has ever heard of their cars being stolen with a mongoose alarm on it.

It’s not necessarily the alarm... who and how it was installed will have more bearing on how theft proof the car is.

Howie,

google spread spectrum radio - that will give you some idea how quicktrak works. your idea will slow a few of them down but not that one.

I have $35m of ferries insured with that system with 3 more to go (contract completes 2009.) so its a VERY reliable system.

APS,

i see you are talking to gary. top bloke.

Edited by Chris Rogers

Hey man i got a M80 mongoose alarm installed there are alot of them about, i got one with exrta radiowave sensors in the cabin, its great. had no troubles and would recommend any mongoose M80 alarm I spent around 500 installed i think, cant memba exactly. I know that ya can get a extra that links up to it that has a sim card in it and will txt you n let you know if break in etc. it on the mongoose website :wave: Hope this helps dude.