SAU Community

R32 Non Turbo Any Good?

hey guys im goin to get my ps soon and in nsw p platers cant drive turbo, i currently have a n14 nissan pulsar sr20 wich goes alrite, but im lookin for a r32 i dont know much about them how much kw do they have at the fly and do they go any good? is it worth getin a non turbo skyline thanx for all ur help

good on fuel, look good, handle well etc etc. not gonna be a power house, but i figure unless ur gonna get something thats actually fast no point in worrying about how fast a slow car is. just drive it, enjoy it and if u feel like going fast do some handling mods and u wont be so worried about power.

R32 GTS's (RB20DE 165bhp/119kw flywheel) are great.. I have one as a daily driver never had any problems.. I'm sure there aren't any in australia anyway but stay away from GTE's as they are slow as all hell.. (RB20E 130bhp/96kw flywheel)

Hey mate i used to own an Sr20 pulsar. They are a eqully as quick as non-turbo R32s. It just depends what you prefer, FWD/RWD hatch/coupe etc. Also think about insurance as well. But like nisskid said a slow car can be a bucket load of fun with some good suspension mods.

i thought they had 116kw at the fly but ye i dont know much about skylines are there any common problems with them body and engine wise? ye well im kinda sick of front wheel drive ahaha there no fun, i read that there are rb25 r32 are there many in aus? thanx for the replys guys

Hey mate i used to own an Sr20 pulsar. They are a eqully as quick as non-turbo R32s. It just depends what you prefer, FWD/RWD hatch/coupe etc. Also think about insurance as well. But like nisskid said a slow car can be a bucket load of fun with some good suspension mods.

how come u went from pulsar to skyline?

R32 GTS's (RB20DE 165bhp/119kw flywheel) are great.. I have one as a daily driver never had any problems.. I'm sure there aren't any in australia anyway but stay away from GTE's as they are slow as all hell.. (RB20E 130bhp/96kw flywheel)

or worse yet, the GXi with CA18i :)

You do get RB25 R32's, but they are a lot more rare. They are only the much later model and not many were made compared to the RB20's. If you can get a 25, that would be awesome. Got a little more torque and low down power. The RB20 is still good tho. Both engines are built strong :thumbsup:

how come u went from pulsar to skyline?

Just time for a change, and wanted a bit more power. And now i can actually afford to own a turbo car and modd it. But i miss the pulsar was heapsa fun around the twisties. Join: www.pulsar.org.au good bunch of ppl

after having owned an R32 GTS, I can tell you they are lots of fun to drive around as a daily. I had extractors, an exhaust and a pod on mine, some stiffer lowered suspension and it was awesome fun to drive around in. The RB25DE's aren't as revvy as the RB20 (longer stroke etc) so for an N/A I'd say not as much entertainment value. That said an R32 GTS25 is the easiest of the R32's to convert to an RB25DET/RB30DET later down the track when you're off the P's.

fo sheezy... just make sure the engine's serviced regularly and it should give you no grief. mine also had a remapped Dr Drift ECU to make the most of 98 octane fuel and the exhaust/intake mods, plus change the REV limit and remove speed restrictor.

got 87rwkw before and 105rwkw after from memory... that was with mods to exhaust and intake, so can't say for sure exactly how much just the remap got me. not exactly mindblowing, but good enough for a 2.0L N/A from 1992. think R32 GTS's were supposed to get 114kw at the fly standard... so theoretically I should have gotten 97rwkw with a 15% drivetrain loss.