SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Tangles, got this reply from my friend who worked in the radiator industry for about 10 years:

Dodgiest backyarders is Motor Radiators in the city, can’t remember street name but I think it’s Halifax, but definitely don’t go there. Probably one of the better quality places near by is C&C Radiators in Kent Town on the Parade West. The guy’s name is Greg… Looks like a viking… Not the cheapest place around from what I used to hear, but definitely one of the better repairers. Hope this helps.

:(

has anyone here replaced a clutch themselves?? if so is it hard, did it take long or is it just easier to get it done by a pro??

Its not that hard, The gearbox is just f**k off heavy thats all, if you had someone to help you its a bonus..Once you got the exhaust undone and gearbox off pretty simple it helps if you have that clutch lining up tool also...

But I do mine on hoist these days..instead of driveways

Hai peeps :D

Its not that hard, The gearbox is just f**k off heavy thats all, if you had someone to help you its a bonus..Once you got the exhaust undone and gearbox off pretty simple it helps if you have that clutch lining up tool also...

But I do mine on hoist these days..instead of driveways

Hai peeps :D

may just be easier to get it done by a pro then, dont have the space at mine to do it anyway...

may just be easier to get it done by a pro then, dont have the space at mine to do it anyway...

Yeah its not a hard job and shouldnt take long if you have the right clutch :D

What are you putting in??

i currently have a hks twin plate that has crapped itself and im fitting an exeedy twin plate with fly wheel....

Nice..How long did the HKS twin last you??

I recently put in a heavy single works great :D

yeah its going great booked in to boost worxs in early feb, fitting and tuning a few things should be making 300+kw

Nice mine makes that with minor mods already :D I'm wanting the 350kw mark now

Hope it goes well for you!

What year is yours??

i currently have a hks twin plate that has crapped itself and im fitting an exeedy twin plate with fly wheel....

Lets us know how you go........I'm thinking of fitting the Exedy Hyper Carbon Twin D Core (with the Boss Drive).

http://www.exedy.com.au/clutch/hyperdD-Core.htm

Interested to know if anyone has had any experiences with a Boss Drive setup and their thoughts.

NISMO also do a similar unit with a Boss Drive

http://www.nengun.com/nismo/super-coppermi...in-plate-clutch

Lets us know how you go........I'm thinking of fitting the Exedy Hyper Carbon Twin D Core (with the Boss Drive).

http://www.exedy.com.au/clutch/hyperdD-Core.htm

Interested to know if anyone has had any experiences with a Boss Drive setup and their thoughts.

NISMO also do a similar unit with a Boss Drive

http://www.nengun.com/nismo/super-coppermi...in-plate-clutch

i was gonna get one of those coppermix clutches from nengun, just didn't wanna wait 3 weeks for it arrive though they are really good clutches though, if this clutch goes then i will probabbly go for one

i was gonna get one of those coppermix clutches from nengun, just didn't wanna wait 3 weeks for it arrive though they are really good clutches though, if this clutch goes then i will probabbly go for one

Yeah I think both units look pretty good but I was trying to compare the 2 with their different intermediate plate setup and I'm not sure if one is better than the other.

The NISMO is about $250 cheaper but I'd like to know which is the best one and what the deal is with the Boss Drives.

Nice mine makes that with minor mods already :D I'm wanting the 350kw mark now

Hope it goes well for you!

What year is yours??

90 with a 97 33 engine... yeah im hoping the tune goes well, the set up i've got should be good for about 330kw.... im planning on getting a rebuild over june july so it can handle more power