SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

90 with a 97 33 engine... yeah im hoping the tune goes well, the set up i've got should be good for about 330kw.... im planning on getting a rebuild over june july so it can handle more power

Nice..What ECU you gone with?

Hi jess cant stop doing ot

haha ok :D

has anyone used one of the ebay el-cheapo boost controllers ? Im thnking about buying this 1 for my daily...so it doesnt need to be awsome, and as long as it can hold 1 bar ok, im happy...Anyone had any experience with same/similar models ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electronic-Boost-Co...7QQcmdZViewItem

i dont see why it wouldnt work.

just make sure it has a half decent solenoid.

back from Melbourne (did ya miss me????)

After watching the cars out on track and in the car park i have decided i want a Ferrari or Porsche or Aston Martin, I'm not to picky :). I suppose it didn't help its 2 main rivals were out by lap 7. FYI Gallardo's make Great BBQ's.

One of the biggest stories out of the weekend was the Aston Martin Team. It blew its ECU before going out on track. The team didn't have a spare one so they flew the Financial Manager of Prodrive out from the UK (first Class!!!) with an ECU in his suit case. He arrived in Melbourne at 10.30 Sunday morning. There was a Helicopter waiting on the Tarmac for him (didn't even go in the terminal) which flew him to the track so the part could be fitted by 12.30. Car was put back together in time to start from pit lane, unfortunately it still only had 10 cylinders :) The weekend ended up costing the owner over 75K!!!!! for 8th place :D

Andrew you would have been EXTREMELY disappointed the only grid girls were only on the GRID!!!! how rude

Nick when did you get there?? I was in Melb helping a mate with his work on Wed - Fri, We finnished work early and had about 5 hours before we flew out so we decided to hit up the track on Friday for a geez!! we stayed for about an hour in the arvo and saw the Sports Sedans and That class of pics you have!! Went for a walk along the back of the pits and tried to find you but only bumped into Sam Milton, had a yarn watched some more cars and left!!

What happend to Washington?? I noticed he was out after 1 lap and like 1min17sec!! And that was his new car or something!! He looked great on friday Prac when we saw him!!

has anyone used one of the ebay el-cheapo boost controllers ? Im thnking about buying this 1 for my daily...so it doesnt need to be awsome, and as long as it can hold 1 bar ok, im happy...Anyone had any experience with same/similar models ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Electronic-Boost-Co...7QQcmdZViewItem

this is what i have works great as a set and forget boost controller

>>TurboTech<<

Nick when did you get there?? I was in Melb helping a mate with his work on Wed - Fri, We finnished work early and had about 5 hours before we flew out so we decided to hit up the track on Friday for a geez!! we stayed for about an hour in the arvo and saw the Sports Sedans and That class of pics you have!! Went for a walk along the back of the pits and tried to find you but only bumped into Sam Milton, had a yarn watched some more cars and left!!

What happend to Washington?? I noticed he was out after 1 lap and like 1min17sec!! And that was his new car or something!! He looked great on friday Prac when we saw him!!

I didn't think you were going so i didn't really look out for you.

I was in the Garage with the Wall 996 RSR (top picture) for most of the weekend. I spent a fair bit of time in the coopers ferrari garage on the satuday and was up and down pit lane in all of the garages on the sunday :banana: what a hard life. I have to say even though its one of the oldest cars out there Teds CCC 360GT is the best sounding car. The Race was pretty boring with such few cars out on track, but when they insist on charging 7K entry fees they won't get cars there. I was sitting with a mate who has his own series (see sig) and he said "there are more people sitting in the grand stand with eligible cars than what is out on track". which is sad for the "premier GT race of the year"

Washington did his best impression of a BBQ at turn 4 on lap 2! from what i heard afterward it was quite bad. He's missing eyebrows and eyelashes ect, so he was lucky to get away with minor injuries. Defiantly not good as they are trying to sell it

It was really disappointing when Daves lower control arm broke on lap 7 as it put them well out of contention

Did you see Riciadello's 1.08.83lap??? it was awesome some 3 seconds faster than the Supertaxis

I didn't think you were going so i didn't really look out for you.

I was in the Garage with the Wall 996 RSR (top picture) for most of the weekend. I spent a fair bit of time in the coopers ferrari garage on the satuday and was up and down pit lane in all of the garages on the sunday :banana: what a hard life. I have to say even though its one of the oldest cars out there Teds CCC 360GT is the best sounding car. The Race was pretty boring with such few cars out on track, but when they insist on charging 7K entry fees they won't get cars there. I was sitting with a mate who has his own series (see sig) and he said "there are more people sitting in the grand stand with eligible cars than what is out on track". which is sad for the "premier GT race of the year"

Washington did his best impression of a BBQ at turn 4 on lap 2! from what i heard afterward it was quite bad. He's missing eyebrows and eyelashes ect, so he was lucky to get away with minor injuries. Defiantly not good as they are trying to sell it

It was really disappointing when Daves lower control arm broke on lap 7 as it put them well out of contention

Did you see Riciadello's 1.08.83lap??? it was awesome some 3 seconds faster than the Supertaxis

Yeh Brad wasn't racing, I was there for another reason, so we poped in for a geez quickly!!

Yeh right not good at all for Bryce!!

Nah i didn't see his 1:08 lap!!

i arrived in Melbourne Thursday night as i was planning on being there all weekend with Team Lamborghini before the dick head sold the car so i figured i had already book flights and accommodation i may as well be there all weekend. I ended up going and speaking to Dave and Des Wall on the friday afternoon, and i can honestly say they are one of the nicest and most genuine families in motorsport.

Yeh Brad wasn't racing, I was there for another reason, so we poped in for a geez quickly!!

Yeh right not good at all for Bryce!!

Nah i didn't see his 1:08 lap!!

everyone was standing there like "W T F........."

and the best news is they are only going to get faster with the new rules coming in next year. You also missed the V12 jag that arrived on Saturday morning that thing sounded awesome screaming up the straight

That blue jag apparently cost them 700K...........

im stuck in an office all day in the cube farm. The sun is shining out my window, and i can see all the homeless guys and the ducks wandering about in the south parklands. :bunny:

first time i have been jealous of a homeless guy