SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Iv been told you can get defected in your own drive way is this true?

My freind's neighbour complained about how his car is noisy, so 1 night my mate got a knock on the door, "can we take a look at ur car" and voila...defect. :banana:

cheers for that, il give Emtech a buzz when they get back from hollies on the 7th, see what Phu can do for me lol.

i called car toys and asked how much some shocks would be and i got given a price for Koni 690 for front pair and 580 for rear pair :blink: FTL at that price

and i have purple led's to go with a some what purple bottle of mine :sick::devil:

I've always been under the impression koni' aren't a good match for skylines.Thats just what i've heard though.

cheers for that, il give Emtech a buzz when they get back from hollies on the 7th, see what Phu can do for me lol.

i called car toys and asked how much some shocks would be and i got given a price for Koni 690 for front pair and 580 for rear pair :blink: FTL at that price

and i have purple led's to go with a some what purple bottle of mine :D:devil:

Car toys is a joke :sick:

The good ol' 225 Centura!!!!! :D

225 - are you sure?

By the time the centura was in production (1975 -1977) the only straight motors being made by chrysler Australia were the 215, 245 and 265( the latter was never officially available in the centura)

The 225 was the stant 6 that was very popular from the R series through to the VG

However the 215 and 245 have the same size block as the 265, and it is literally a 1hr job to drop a 265 motor in (RT spec or otherwise) then you had a rocket that could spin wheels on demand

(In a past life I was the president of the Chrysler Car Club - and still have a soft spot for them)

Edited by 4door_Sleeper

Iv been told you can get defected in your own drive way is this true?

My understanding is that you can not be defected in your driveway unless the police are given permission or have a warrent.

You are on private property (yours) and there are specific conditions police need to observe prior to entry. Whilst this could stop them giving you a defect I dont think it stops them issuing an infringement notice or parking at the end of your driveway until you pull out.

If they ask you "Is that your car, and can we have a look?" and you say "yes", then they have the authority to issue a defect.

225 - are you sure?

By the time the centura was in production (1975 -1977) the only straight motors being made by chrysler Australia were the 215, 245 and 265( the latter was never officially available in the centura)

The 225 was the stant 6 that was very popular from the R series through to the VG

However the 215 and 245 have the same size block as the 265, and it is literally a 1hr job to drop a 265 motor in (RT spec or otherwise) then you had a rocket that could spin wheels on demand

(In a past life I was the president of the Chrysler Car Club - and still have a soft spot for them)

Yes my bad as they say.. I thought about it after and realised 4ltrs is actually a 245. :D

Steve; I'm hitting the sack for the night. Up early to give the old man a hand putting up his house (Steel framing).

i thought only traffic police can issue traffic offences/defects ect?

you willing to drive sideways infront of one of those CSI staionwagons with the ladders on top to test ur theory :D

they might not have the knowledge to defect u, but they certainly can fine you

commodores suck

i now have a nice bottom end rattle (started out 3000rpm and over, now its on idle too)

gotta wait at least till next monday before i can get a changeover done :devil:

lol your preaching to the converted :D maybe go tell hsv.com.au