SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

This might sound stupid bit can i get a defect for a glovebox that will not open :yes: ? im thinking of making a carbon gauge and boost controler holder that fits inside the glovebox

my glove box has a has a facade that fits inside it, and it holds my water temp gauge, oil temp gauge. and has a spot for my ebc.. there is no room to put anything but a small piece of paper... went thru regency with it in there. it does open, but is essentually useless for anything else.

Changing the glovebox to hold the boosat controller isnt a problem, but having a boost controller is. They will argue that increasing the boost may chjange the emmissions, and hence is illegal (basically any mod that gives you more power could be interperated as changing emissions and hence a breach and defectable)

I know they are illegal and can be seen in the engine bay aswell but for some cops that dont know what they are looking for in the engine bay but know what to look for in the cabin. I thought it would be a good idea to place the controler in the glovebox and maybe have it locked and if i get pulled over ad say iv lost the key lol but can i still get defected for saying the glovebox wont open?

should b fine, similar to what i have, but mine is poxy black plastic :blush: ... im not keen on having boost controller on display, its no longer in there, but thats just me

Talking to a few people I hear regency have installed their emissions tester (though I would prefer external confirmation on this). If this is the case potentially boost controllers and non standard turbos could be considered legal if you could pass the emissions test.

In NSW (where people have public access to such testing centres) tuned cars have gotten through the emissions test, but in SA we don’t have any workshops with the gear to do the proper test.

Whilst it could be done, it would be expensive here in SA.

Edited by 4door_Sleeper

got my PC steering wheel FTMFW !!!!!!!!!

lazy ass post man did not even come to my house to drop off a note that its ready for collection, so it ended up getting sent from my local post office to the general post office in town.. went there to get ti today... (this was delivered from nsw on the 24th dec).

moral of this story... use registered mail with every fkn thing u get from ebay, this seller did not offer it, but even so i should have asked for it.

/rant over

yeah, its in the new gtr discussion forum.

had to happen sooner or later.

::EDIT::

...Looks like the UK

not f**kin likely. last i checked, the symbols on the police bike werent english.

got observation skills?

Edited by scandyflick

how is this for keen !

1029076197_04e6e37c56.jpg

"In Perú from Huánuco to Tingo Maria, where the road from the Pacific coast across the Andes finds its way towards the Amazon lowlands. This is near the top of the last mountain pass. From there, soapbox rider can enjoy a vertical 1000 meters of gravity assisted ride. As these kids help stranded truck drivers along the road, they're called bomberos (firemen). They transport drinks, food and spare parts to broken trucks."