SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

LOL once a poser always a poser hey matty :laugh:

Good to catch up again

for sure mate

and yeah, thats true...........wasnt quite game enough to hit rundle or hindley on the way thru, but squeezed in a bay lap.....

perfect weather to as well, lotsa cars so a bit of stop start. when i got a bit of an opening to giv it a lil bit, it'd built enough fuel up to giv a nice pop (which was rather loud ricochetting off the buildings LOL)

:glare:

Pretty sure they are 17x9's front and rear, but rear runs a 25mm spacer

Would i be better off getting 17x9 front 17x9.5 rear (need to roll the guards though at the back ?) if i dont want to use spacers ? How would that fit do you know...

Would i be better off getting 17x9 front 17x9.5 rear (need to roll the guards though at the back ?) if i dont want to use spacers ? How would that fit do you know...

The width is one thing BUT offset is another, If Matty has had to use spacers then i would assume you will need to also!!

Matty did have the 9.5's on the rear which sat very similar. I think he changed them to 9s because he wanted to go drifting more often, he got 2 pairs of 9s as another pair of 9.5's weren't available, and he can put slightly skinnier tyres on the 9's (easier to spin up?)

Anyway, im sure he'll anser soon :P

Matty did have the 9.5's on the rear which sat very similar. I think he changed them to 9s because he wanted to go drifting more often, he got 2 pairs of 9s as another pair of 9.5's weren't available, and he can put slightly skinnier tyres on the 9's (easier to spin up?)

Anyway, im sure he'll anser soon :P

Were spacers used when he had the 9.5's on the back ?

8mm spacer at the front (to clear inner edge of strut, BUT That with S13 LCAs), none at the rear.

Thats for 17x9 front, 17x9.5 rear. Guards did need slight rolling in the rear I think

IMGP6187.jpg

IMGP6175.jpg

8s on front yeah, not 9s LOL. And thats rite, never ran a spacer on the rear with the 9.5s

9.5s are +18 (gtr offset)

9s are +35 (s13, r32 etc)

currently running a 25mm bolt on at rear, goin to put the 25mm up front tho, and get a 35mm for the rear to push them out more

ran 235s on 9.5s (was a bit hard with 155rwkw to spin 3rd), but now run 215s on 9s (and it spins easy as)

to put 9.5s on the rear of the 31, it required a bit of massaging of the guards

and scandyflick..........that was the plan all along. 2 red 31s.......one mild, one wild.....................

8s on front yeah, not 9s LOL. And thats rite, never ran a spacer on the rear with the 9.5s

9.5s are +18 (gtr offset)

9s are +35 (s13, r32 etc)

currently running a 25mm bolt on at rear, goin to put the 25mm up front tho, and get a 35mm for the rear to push them out more

ran 235s on 9.5s (was a bit hard with 155rwkw to spin 3rd), but now run 215s on 9s (and it spins easy as)

to put 9.5s on the rear of the 31, it required a bit of massaging of the guards

and scandyflick..........that was the plan all along. 2 red 31s.......one mild, one wild.....................

Hmm i really want the car to grip well. So what width would you recommend for mine ? (keep in mind i dont particularly like spacers...but i dont like my rims sitting inside the guards either :P)

how much power u going to be making? thats the question

id probably say try and get hold of some 9.5s for the rear

*edit: my idea just blew thru LOL

Edited by Matty 31

i thought you were getting ben's roh's?

plans always change with him

just spoke to him, he's managed to make them fit on the rear LOL.........and by the sounds of it (20lb hammer) he's got them to fit ............ when the rear coilovers hav no downward adjustment left in them its got to be low LOL