SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

XF's (up to EL acutally) require a close to +6 fitment to fill the guards with an 8" wide wheel (and that will be front only, rear requires a 9" rim)

BA Wheels are often +35 so about a 30mm spacer will be required.

But dont forget that they are 5x114.3 so same fitment as skyline - dont limit yourself to "ford" wheels :D

what is the standard offset for skylines? i'm thinking for a 8 inch rim it would be about +35 if they are the same as silvia's (i have a 180sx). i have a set of BA stockies (7.5 wide and are 35 offset) that i was going to sell for $30 each as spare rims for drifters but if the offset for skylines is different the they won't fit obviously and they are no good to me as they are 5 stud.

no way im driving your car to the dyno day tommorow now that i know im being supported by your handy work :laughing-smiley-014:

hahaha I'm sure its fine... I'm fairly mechanically minded :D

You will need spacers for it if you use AU+ rims because the offset will be wrong. i have a NC fairlane and tried to put a set of rims on it and the offset was way off.

The mags im after are the AU2 xr8 mags but they are a copy by ford with e-series offset to fit X to E series fords.

Dump = 2"+ on an XF... 1.5 is a waste of time :) My XD I had when I was 18 (10 years ago! shudder) was 2" all round and sat nicely.

Whitewalls dont suit, XF isn't old enough IMO. Car needs to be 70's to pull off redwall/whitewalls. People putting them on 80+ cars are just trying too hard.

This is my XD with a 2" drop on 16x7 wheels: 17x8's would look much better ;)

LeesXD-Back.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY my car is finally home :)

i'll take some piccies of it hehe

OMG i went out to a few pubs last night, i had like 3beers

got a bit tipsy (haha) then i went to the liquor smart drive thru thingo

and bought a 4pk of vodka cruisers.

then my mum picked me up and we went to a Fringe show Fourplay at the

Griffins Head Hotel. on the way there i skulled 3 of the cruisers (through a straw lol)

and when we got to the Fringe show i had 2 more beers.

at the end off the night i ended up being on stage :laugh:, ahh it was great

i ended up get a hinge piece (best audience member award) and 15c haha

OH i got my top signed and 1 of the guys the signed my chest lol, my poor mum :down:

Big wheels on xd/e/f's look awesome. Have a look on www.xfalcon.com if you havn't already :down:. I've got king lows on my XE but its only got the 14 inch stockies so unless its sitting next something else you cant really tell its lowered. I got a set of pedders lows (only fronts though) sitting in the shed that'd fit your xf.

My XE.

amtwl2.jpg

This one is just to prove Madaz wrong :laugh:.

http://www.xfalcon.com/gallery/data/500/me...8805_Small_.jpg

Edited by Stol

Well its very good to see SAU ppl like fords :D stol and hotwire they are both very clean fords :)

Im not going to put white walls on it any more my cuz has them on his xp and looks nuts but the xf isnt old enuf to suit them. Im going to go 2inch's all way round iv found lowering blocks on ebay for 70bucks anyone know how they work and if they are safe?

my fav ford pic's

Well its very good to see SAU ppl like fords :D stol and hotwire they are both very clean fords :)

Cheers mate, that pic makes it look better than it actually is. As for lowering blocks, they wont be any good for the xf because its got a coil rear, if it was an xd or a ute/ wagon you'd be alright because they have leaf rears.

EDIT: Didn't see your reply before madaz. Yeah wouldn't go on my car need to have something really dumped and wankey for it to suit.

Edited by Stol

Cheers mate, that pic makes it look better than it actually is. As for lowering blocks, they wont be any good for the xf because its got a coil rear, if it was an xd or a ute/ wagon you'd be alright because they have leaf rears.

Cheers for the info i was told that they make them for the xf :) Il sus it out tomoro if its not to hot and have a closer look at the xf set up and maybe look at getting a set of king springs.

now thats old school not that theres anything wrong with that gotta love the little models and them flared gaurds at the back hot as lol buying a r34 like that is about as close as iam going to get

Edited by sweet r33

Stol is right, the XE was the first to get coils all round, and the XF is definately coils on all 4 corners - no blocks required. Kings would be fine, or alternatively get a set of industrial springs - all around the same cost of ~$130 per pair.

IF you are going to tow though, look at getting pump up rear shocks. That way when you have the weight of a car trailer on the rear, just pump up the shocks to lift the rear to a nice height. I had these on my XD and they were fantastic!

so, i found myself going through some of my old mm files when i rediscovered this little gem. :D

seeing as theres quite a few computer minded folk on sau, i figured at least a few of you would be into the graphical side of computer work and would get a bit of a kick out of it.

I just got a set of BA XR8 mags in 18x8 with pre au offset(+6) for $770 new with no rubber :D now i just have to wait till they come

Now i just need twin frount lights and clear and red rear lights and lower springs