SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Iv been thinking all day long about getting a cheap ke70 as cheap slide car for those wet nights anyone know of any for sale or what can be done to the engine and suspension with out spending big money?

AE86DC or rollaclub are your friends.... Mine has a very basic setup... ADM sprinter front end/brakes, TRD struts, AJPS springs, modded stock R32 struts and springs cut in half, LSD (locked standard diff) Corona Lower control arms (15mm wider track, 2.5 deg camber) and new bushing in the rear end. Could prolly have a similar setup for around $1k installed..... Buy a Keto for $500, you're ready to go.

Im changing the whole setup soon....

JDM twin pot calipers and vented rotors

AJPS front coilovers w/ Bilstein adj struts, 7kg springs, Cusco camber tops,

Bilstein rear struts and AJPS 5kg springs

AJPS 35mm RCA's

Whiteline front and rear swaybars

Noltec panhard rod

Cusco Tower bar and tension rods

AE86 power steering arms for more lock.

T18 diff locked

Not cheap (Bout $2800 - $3K all up) but it'll probably handle/slide better than my R31.... all it needs is a SR20DE in it and she's ready to go...

You can also fit an entire S13 front end, using RA40 celica/910 bluebird parts.... good if you can get S13 coilovers cheap 2nd hand....

they are essentially a AE86 without takumi tax.....

Oh, ordered my new wheels today... 17 x 9 and 18 x 9.5 drifteks in white for the 31, and 15 x 8 -4 superlights in platinum silver for the '70 .... gonna look hot.

nah, havent changed my mind.... just happened to be what I wrote.... :laughing-smiley-014: 4AGE, SR20DE, N/A 13B, CA18DET... ANY of them would be spastic in a KE70

Stiill trying to sus out everything for the conversion, It's a lot more difficult than a standard 16V RWD 4AGE......

Like I said, let me know when he gets back from holidays...

And that 1st/2nd video.... those cars are exact doubles of mine LOL......

Edited by R31 drift pig

anyone know if u can get a permit to drive a defected car once it has been booked into regency and mods removed?

Yeah, go to a police station and get a clearance.... they'll come out, have a quick sus, and sign the paperwork that you can drive the car until regency or your rego runs out.

i started this project like 6-9 months ago using what i had lying about ive spent 2500 on it so far .

its ready to be started just ive given up on the car.. as my plans have changed

like fixing my r31 with rb30det and getting my r31 with sr20det going ...