SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Dont forget to ask for your skylines australia discount

^^ Ohhhh were all gettin new cars hey!! Last night i ordered my 19s, today i got Ryan to get me some Coilovers, and im about to book into Auto Perfection for some nice tint and alarm!!

So Skandy what are you gonna be getting now then??

Lee whens your beast land on a dock near you??

ive seen that think he lives up modbury north way

My mate owns a 309.9rwkw xr6-t ute. Youve probably seen it around. It's red with the numberplates SLOW. Driven it a heap of times including back from melbourne....To be honest id rather drive my 33.

well i spent most of today moving random shit around with a forklift then crush 20L paint cans with the forklift and then proceeded to clean the forklift...250grands worth of forklift so i thought it deserved a clean LOL.

I take it I wasnt missed today then LOL.... KE70 runs again, starter dies.... got one from Jew-steal-it for $20 LOL...

We Busy tomorrow?

Hey all I need to get myself a tranny service. Boostworx don't do it but recommended MV Automatics but they only do autos so does anyone know a good place I can take the line to?

sorry, didnt read it properly, thought you had an auto LOL.

Try precision Gearbox on Port Road, were nothing but help with the GTR box Im converting. And the MX7 box Im rebuilding LOL....

thought you weren't doing that anymore.....or did you go and buy it?

also, hillzy, what sorta service does it need? Is it just a 33 5 speed?

also, precision are arseholes, i usually get along with most people, but they gave me the shits...just the attitude of the dude was a joke..

Edited by Ryanrb25

Ryan @ Kansai has chucked it out the back for me in case I can find any more info... Waiting to hear back from trent @ URAS, as he's converted a few GTR boxes.... If I cant convert it, no harm done. Not looking too promising from what everyone else is telling me.....

As for the MX 7 box, It's a cheap rebuild, and If I dont use it, I can still sell it on or keep it as a spare. Precision are only charging me $400 for replacing 3rd and 4th gear syncro's (might replace 1st and 2nd yet) and a full servies.....

And as for precision, I must have spoken to another guy, or got the guy you all spoke to on a good day or he copped a root the night before, as he was nothing but helpful with me when I was making inquiries.... when I went there, same deal.

Edited by R31 drift pig

also, hillzy, what sorta service does it need? Is it just a 33 5 speed?

also, precision are arseholes, i usually get along with most people, but they gave me the shits...just the attitude of the dude was a joke..

I just want the oil drained that's in it and maybe an inspection. The oil that's in it now is redline (don't know viscosity etc) but 1st to 2nd changes started to get tough when cold and made a slight syncro noise, now the same change iscrunching syncros on many of the changes even when warm. I read that redline oil isn't right in Skyline 'boxes and is responsible for syncro damage so I want it changed just to be safe.

Yep it's a standard 5 speed.

Hillzy;

Take it to MV auto's.

They do the RB DET gearbox's and know the jap shit. :cheers:

I gave MV a ring today but they guy I spoke to couldn't help me because it was a manual. He said they only do automatics.