SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

paint shop tomorrow to weld the boot holes up and fix up my right hand front fender. might try and push out some pin dents also. Origin cf lip is going on also.

what paint shop dude, i got a boot lid sitting here i would like to get a few holes welded up...

i changed my spark plugs last night. wow that was some serious fun! haha no seriously it was!!

anyway on saturday night i had a feeling to check my 1 cylinder plug dont know why just did. and im glad i did the electrode was melted away! so yesterday i changed them (im so proud of myself lol) to discover that not only cylinder one was like that but also cylinder three. so im guessing that just means that those two cylinders are creating more heat than the others cause they were melted at all.

my god its made a difference though she is heaps smoother now and this morning was the true test. normally when the cold choke is on and you accelerate, it feels like something is holding the car back from getting speed, but then it will allow the car to speed up (its weird) but this morning it didnt happen! i originally brought it down to the Power FC cause the spark plugs that were in there had only been put in just before Extreme Horsepower last year, so i didnt even think that it could have been the sparkies at all.

i know its probably not the best pic, but the sparkies on the left was taken out of cylinder three and the one on the right from cylinder five. just to show the difference.

Hey Cara, like Cubes said get it looked at ASAP, there's a good reason why plugs melt and in your case I'm guessing it's either way too lean or the NOS that you ran.

Could it be that it was tunned for no2 and it doesnt run it all the time

With N20 you shouldn't be melting the strap.

Cara. Do you run a wet or dry system?

Also steer clear of platinum plugs with n20. Use good old coppers or iridium.

hey guys

ive spoken to my tuner and i have also come up with some ideas on why the sparkies have melted.

my tuner has said that she could be running to lean on the top end, which means if i have to much open throttle i could do damage to the engine. im gonna try and book her in this week. im really worried about it cause i dont want to have damaged the pistons let alone blow my engine :( its a sickening thought that there could be damage already done because i dont know how long the spark plugs have been like that.

the ideas ive come up with why they have melted is the nos (plugs just couldnt handle it), extreme detonation (which was happening), the mixtures isnt right at the moment, blockage somewhere, i changed the o2 sensor so im thinking that might be a reason too, i havent really done much to the engine of recent other than the rocker cover gaskets and the o2 sensor. before that the power fc, gtt injectors and nos was put in

there is so many possibilities on why this could have happened. im not pointing the finger at my tuner for doing a crap job cause i know he knows what he is doing.

and Cubes its a wet system.

mind you guys her last tune was in december (maybe over due big time)

it hasnt been detonating since the new O2 sensor was put in

ive heard my car ping before, but that was just a matter of getting the timing put back to fix it

ive got her booked in for sat morning so ill just drive her nicely until then.

good luck

Im waiting for my chip to be mapped, and the chip adapter to arrive from japan

once thats all sorted and a tune/map is written on the chip, I'll get my safc/sitc adjusted for hopefully the final time.

with the remap Im hoping for 205awkw / 215rwkw