SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

ill prob just grab a litre of degreaser, its nearly cheaper lol

Be very careful with degreaser and aluminium as it has a tendency to react and damage the aluminium.

yeah im thinking i want to do the same

anyone have a R33 stock air box would like to swap for pod filter

PM me will put up in the wanted section later

I believe so! I've got a HKS pod under it. Its only there to appear stock ... so is the rest of the work to the bay. Got to keep it looking stock as a bone :)

I'm also replacing my plugs and ensuring the gap is 0.8mm.

Mmmmm ... coilpacks :D

With coppers. Best/cheapest place to grab them is Motor Traders at around $2.85 per plug. Else where pay the usual $4.40 per plug. Which really isn't that much anyway.

RB20/25/26

BCPR6E for stock power to around 250-300rwkw. 0.8mm pregapped.

BKR7E-11 for powers 250rwkw+. 1.1mm pregapped need to gap down to 0.6-0.8mm depending on boost.

The two above plugs are the v-groove type.

I find they last a good 20,000km's. By 30,000km's they are beginning to look quite rounded. :)

I run the BKR7E's have absolutely no issues with fouling. At 268rwkw the BCPR6E's were coming out a looking a little hot, the BKR7E's heat range is spot on and look nicely tanned.

If you have issues with fouling the car is running way too rich and really should be sorted.

ok i took my coilpack cover off....

started the car waited 20mins or so to hit full operating temp...

nothing...

so i drove it and still NOTHING

so i have come to the conclusion that it may be getting hot under the cover at full opp temp?

i guess i drive it with the cover off till my spitfires arrive.. is it ok to leave the cover off??

and i correct in saying that this was prob the problem?

cheers

no, 120 the set, Simon32 says just get copper there fine you just may need to replace them sooner

iridiums are meant to last longer thats why there dearer oh and there made of iridium i guess

blow me down! i just ripped one out and its ngk irridum.. looks fairly clean and its gapped to 1.0 or something, will close them all down to 0.7 and see how i go.

yeh i got coppers in mine! at $2 or wateva each to change them 2 times to the iridium once i think thats alright! jeff suggested me get the coppers!

i got NGK iridiums for like 10 bucks or less each i think it was

and get a vented coil pack cover like mine :(

i can pm u the number of the guy who makes em if ya want me too.

it is 15 mm bigger then the standard wheel size overall

so bigger rims with literally skinny ass rims is aloud as long as the load rating still is legal

something like that