SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

thanks for the input guys. and thanks guy i might take you up on that. ill call you if need be.

thanks for your input cubes!

comp has 4 gig ram, core 2 extreme(quad core), 768 3d card(overkill) and most games i can crank up.. a few stall but with grid it glitches and freezes up like crazy. running 1920x1200 res... hoping xp will fix this issue and just not happy with vista on the whole.

I have alot of mates who use vista and haven't heard of the issue's your describing i would almost put it down to being a dell

just because they claimed it was the fastest ns whatever if they used inferior parts for memory or graphics card your going to end up with alot of problems

i also know nvidia aren't that great with there drivers so it may be a case of searching if other people are experienceing the same problems with dell systems or the same graphics drivers

just as an example with the game grid i was having corrupted gfx on the demo so i rolled my drivers back and was all good now i have the full version and even newer driver haven't seen that problem since

i also know nvidia aren't that great with there drivers so it may be a case of searching if other people are experienceing the same problems with dell systems or the same graphics drivers

*cough* Nvidia drivers are probably the most solid drivers out there on the market. If you're using beta/alpha drivers then you're bound to have issues, but historically Nvidia have had much better drivers than ATI. That said, I've owned ATI and Nvidia and both have had isolated incidents with driver releases from time to time...

-D

3d card is nvidia 768 x 16 8800 ultra. how would i update drivers?

will try that before i whipe it.

www.nvidia.com

go to download drivers

enter 8800 ultra as the gfx type. download the release that suits your operating system (vista)

Once downloaded, Run it. Voila, new driver installed.

-D

hmmm moving house sucks.

me and the missus are putting our unit up for rent, after spending mega bucks on a re-furb.

it went into the paper on sat, and the net >click here<

we have 3 couples coming through it tonight for an inspection!

one couple has offered more then the weekly rent, they want it so bad!

but the real estate agend doesnt like the look of them lol.

its all good though saving more money FTW

moving back with missus mum FTL

having a double garage all to myself FTW

real estate agent fees, FTL

I'm in the talks at the moment with the bank ... looking at bidding on a massive 4 bedroom home (with 2 double garages) on a huge block of land :(

If I get that house, I'm def throwing a house warming party!!!!!

*fingers crossed*

Ah ok ill whip up a 5sec pig sig for ya

steve, those pics i sent ya last cruise, dont do anything special with them, can ya reduce them so i can update my sig?

thanks mate.

Well for what its worth my specs..

All using the latest drivers from the respective websites.

Gigabyte EP35-DS3

Gigabyte 8600GT @ 1680x1050

All rock solid memtest (test 5 and 8 for 24hrs) and prime stable.

Runs Grid fine no hang ups or stutters.

I had a slight issue when I was running a 400fsb where it was rock solid in prime and memtest yet BF2 would still randomly drop to the desktop. Dropped it back to 333 with the same overclok and its now fine.