SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

I find 7000km is pretty much it for mine.

It tends to develop a little lifter tick first thing if the oil isn't changed at 5k.

I run plain old 8100 5w40. Motors now done 90,000km's still top compression, bores still look tops and no deposits in the top end.

I find 7000km is pretty much it for mine.

It tends to develop a little lifter tick first thing if the oil isn't changed at 5k.

I run plain old 8100 5w40. Motors now done 90,000km's still top compression, bores still look tops and no deposits in the top end.

Same here.

I run with Motul 8100 and get it changed every 5,000kms.

K&N oil filters FTW with their nut on the end.

Hammer and screwdriver always works well :P

J/K I got a good filter removing tool thats never let me down :banana:

Hammer and screwdriver always works well :P

J/K I got a good filter removing tool thats never let me down :banana:

lol i must off done the hammer and screwdriver trick way too many times, works every time tho :P

i must change my oils etc over soon

is motul 8100 ok for rb25det i was tossing up between that and motul turbolight i think its 4100

I was told that if your changing the oil every 5,000kms then 8100 is fine. If the change is only every 10,000kms then 4100 is better, but its double the price.

Do the maths, same price in the end for the 10,000kms change(s), but fresher oil more often is better (every 5,000kms). :P

Hammer and screwdriver always works well :)

Not always. I had a dodgy filter on my old 180, tried the old hammer and screwdriver trick, managed to rip through the oil filter and rip it in half. After lots (lots) of cursing I got it off in the end :P

Edited by AndrewJZX100

I was told that if your changing the oil every 5,000kms then 8100 is fine. If the change is only every 10,000kms then 4100 is better, but its double the price.

Do the maths, same price in the end for the 10,000kms change(s), but fresher oil more often is better (every 5,000kms). :P

Cheers mate

Be careful if you park your cars in the Ascott Park/ Parkholme area. I left my car parked on the street outside of grandmas while i fixed her car yesterday afternoon only to find some fk had loosened some of my wheel nuts. I very much doubt whomever did it was trying to steal my wheels as I'm only rolling on stockies atm.

me and the m issus just went for a walk to the local shops,

on the way, a red/maroon ED falcon come speeding eound the corner, massive understeer, nearly collecting my girlfriend on the foot path.

i let him have it with a few words that start with F and C...

as he was takin off, he slammed on his brakes leavin a good 15 mtr skid mark, stuck his head outta the window and yells

out ''You got a fckn problem?''

as soon as i started walking toword this skum bag prick, he floored it and took off,

lucky my missus got his rego, and i reported him to the cops.

is this what the world is coming to? cant even walk to the local shop without f**k wanks like this

getting in your way?

i tell ya what, with the adrenalin i had after he nearly ran over my girlfriend, he is lucky he took

off, call me a key board warrior if you must, but i know you would do the same.

:P

Be careful if you park your cars in the Ascott Park/ Parkholme area. I left my car parked on the street outside of grandmas while i fixed her car yesterday afternoon only to find some fk had loosened some of my wheel nuts. I very much doubt whomever did it was trying to steal my wheels as I'm only rolling on stockies atm.

on the way, a red/maroon ED falcon come speeding eound the corner, massive understeer, nearly collecting my girlfriend on the foot path.

as he was takin off, he slammed on his brakes leavin a good 15 mtr skid mark, stuck his head outta the window and yells

as soon as i started walking toword this skum bag prick, he floored it and took off,

is this what the world is coming to? cant even walk to the local shop without f**k wanks like this

getting in your way?

i tell ya what, with the adrenalin i had after he nearly ran over my girlfriend, he is lucky he took

GRRRRRRRRRRRR theres so many wankers in Adelaide. :)

getting in your way?

rofl i love that, those pricks that slamm on there brakes thinking your gonna back down, or the wankers who tel you to pull over during some road rage, acting like there gonna get there box on then as soon as they realise your actually pulling over leg it.

i had one prick start showing me his tats like it was intimidating or sumthin???

ouch the crash of the dollar has to hurt is it worth selling up the rest of them before just in case and if it doesnt crash re buy them back before they go up again

i was considering selling, but ive had the portfolio since before i knew what the market was, it seems like a lot to sell.

even Wall Street in 1984 recovered...........unless you'll be retiring in a couple of years, leave it alone

haha, it is basically my retirement fund.

thats another reason im reluctant to sell, hit a pretty epic slump on friday, but im quietly confident it'll crawl back up. made back a few thousand today, so im pretty happy.

Just sit tight. It will recover. Those who will sufer will be those shifting their interests around.

Its the fools who panic and move things around who make the ripples in our economy worse.

yeah, i dunno wanna go f**k myself even more by moving my shit around, its worked pretty good for me so far, so i know i shouldnt change it, but shit, when you see that much disappear, you dont think so well. :)