SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Hmm, not sure who the biker boys are but the fella on the far right of this pic, Geoff LeLievre of Ultimate Choppers Aust is well known throughout Aust and the HD bike industry. He's also a good mate who you could say is a bit of a pioneer and has opened many doors in this country through ADR's for bikes like mine and others around the country, without him my bike would never be possible.

Unfortunately he took his own life at his workshop in Frankston VIC on Frid night and leaves a wife, son, daughter & many friends behind.

The next issue # 102 of Heavy Duty should have a feature on him.

sorry to hear pete, RIP and condolences to his family and friends. damn shame when you hear about shit like this happening.

Craig go for an LCD. From my experience selling them, LCD's are better, better for gaming too. The image burn issue has been technically fixed up but still can happen occasionally..

Do you want FULL HD? or just happy with HD?

I can do u a 40 LG LCD for less than $1300 probly :D Its not Full HD but its still pretty good. We got 1 left as of this arvo when i left work.

Send me a sms if u interested?

Welcome to the "organ donor" club :P

19 years of riding and I haven't donated yet :laugh: nor have I required a donation! My organs would be too pickled, bruised and battered by now to be of any good to anyone :P

You're welcome to come out Friday/Saturday nights at BP ... just remember, no mucking about. There are no prizes for pissing off the biker boys. :P

cheers roo, its awesome to be on two wheels, where were u friday??

i was out with some of the others that ride, anywayz i know if i did anything stupid a few ppl would kill me lol

but dam some of the advice was awesome and it worked, its good to ride with ppl that know wat there doing

and pete sorry to hear bout that person, if he has done that much for bikes then WOW, he is good.

and i agree with roo, goatee doesnt suit :D

Edited by JDM032

Plasma's are better for watching sport on - the only reason my dad got one over the LCD.

Pixel transition is better with plasma's - faster.

Dad always does his research with things he buys. Trust dad to buy a tv that he can watch the footy on lol.

LCD's consume more power too hehe.

haha the plasma over LCD debate will never end! Everyone has their favourite.. and each of them has their advantages. The pro's and con's of both are about the same.

I have a full HD LCD and i love it. But some of the plasmas out now, well they are awesome.

The series 9 Samsung and the new bravias well they are even better. LCD with LED backlighting.. brighter, clearer colours.. just wow.

But wow at the retail value too $5000 for around a 42 inch. But well worth it.

Ive been to many a training sessions and hear the plasma vs lcd debate over and over. Go with what YOU want, cos in the end, theyre all doing the same thing anyway..

lol wtf Mitch... who/why would they threaten you over a car YOUR going to buy? What it to them?

exactly , i dont see what effect it has on him , and if i did say to him to come say it to my face he would and then would probably end up

damaging my car or my parents cars

think im just gonna print off the convo logs and go down to the cops because im sick of him talking shit to me .

Plasma's are better for watching sport on - the only reason my dad got one over the LCD.

Pixel transition is better with plasma's - faster.

Dad always does his research with things he buys. Trust dad to buy a tv that he can watch the footy on lol.

LCD's consume more power too hehe.

do they rly consume moar power??

would not have thought that... plasmas generate so much heat,

learn something everyday

http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035250,240036500,00.htm (craigs link)

point 4, paragraph 2

"LCDs also tend to consume less power than plasma screens, with some estimates ranging that power saving at up to 30 per cent less than plasma."

Edited by TS-R34

http://www.cnet.com.au/tvs/0,239035250,240036500,00.htm (craigs link)

point 4, paragraph 2

"LCDs also tend to consume less power than plasma screens, with some estimates ranging that power saving at up to 30 per cent less than plasma."

Cos we all believe everything we see on the internet, and only look at one source.

http://apcmag.com/the_case_for_plasma_hdtvs.htm

"Plasmas don’t consume more power than LCDs"

"....also measured the energy consumption over a one-minute period using the same piece of Apollo 13 footage being played from an HD DVD player connected via HDMI. You’d think the big Pioneer 50in PDP-5000EX plasma would be by far the highest consumer of power. But, its estimated hourly usage of 0.252 kilowatts is not as high as the Grundig 40in LCD’s 0.276 kilowatts. In a direct comparison between two similarly sized TVs, the LG 42 inch plasma (42PC1DG-AA), used 0.216 kilowatts per hour, vs the 0.228 kilowatts of the LG 42 inch LCD — (42LC7D-AB)."

Exactly like flick said - its personal opinion. And i was just sharing mine :P