SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

ben, how tuned can an n/a lancer be?

where you being sarcastic? cos im confused!

higher octane will boost even an NA engine :domokun: true... dont hate on NA, they have pretty good fuel economy compared to us turbo lads lol

wasnt being sarcastic, just wanted to point out that running better fuel could mean that the guy just likes to feed his engine the best stuff he can. nothing wrong with that

-D

So GTRS's on a RB26/30 good idea or will i lose too much top end power?

I think you meant it the other way around Luke

do u want dyno figures or do you want a car that is nice to drive

If I recall correctly (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) RS has more peak than the SS, the SS has more response..

Can someone in the know pls clarify?

The Garrett 2860 series are worth a look, whether u go -5 -7 or -9... depends what ur after mane :domokun:

-D

yeah it really depends what Luke is trying to get out of his car...........sure the SS maybe more responsive on a 26 than the RS but then again 2x RS would be more responsive than a big single on a 26.

A 30 on the other hand would love bigger turbos hence why Supras respond better to bigger turbos than an RB.

I think he could make the 2x RS work on his RB if he played with the cams' overlap via adjustable gears or different cams.

yeah ment the other way around woops.

Gonna start looking for a 30 bottom end soon and get that sorted out.

So are you looking at running twin GTRS?

First of all i wouldn't buy a GTRS as the Garrett 52T GT2871R is 100% the same turbo, with the exception of HKS being cast on the compressor housing (even then they are all built by Garrett), and the GT2871R will be half the price.

If you go for a GT2871R instead of a GTRS you also have the option of 3 trims the 48,52 and 56 trim; I would suggest going for the 48 trim as you will find anything larger very laggy.

On my CA the 52T being driven by 1.8 litres I see 1 BAR at around 4000 RPM with adjustable gears set up for max response, so if you have 1.5 litres driving them you won't be seeing a BAR until around 4700+RPM but then they will hit like a train.

Even with a set of 48T's you will be getting full boost around 4500+BAR but you have to remember that a pair of 48T's are rated to 800BHP and two 52T's are rated to 920BHP.

So are you looking at running twin GTRS?

First of all i wouldn't buy a GTRS as the Garrett 52T GT2871R is 100% the same turbo, with the exception of HKS being cast on the compressor housing (even then they are all built by Garrett), and the GT2871R will be half the price.

If you go for a GT2871R instead of a GTRS you also have the option of 3 trims the 48,52 and 56 trim; I would suggest going for the 48 trim as you will find anything larger very laggy.

On my CA the 52T being driven by 1.8 litres I see 1 BAR at around 4000 RPM with adjustable gears set up for max response, so if you have 1.5 litres driving them you won't be seeing a BAR until around 4700+RPM but then they will hit like a train.

Even with a set of 48T's you will be getting full boost around 4500+BAR but you have to remember that a pair of 48T's are rated to 800BHP and two 52T's are rated to 920BHP.

agree whole heartedly with that.

yeah Luke the GTRS's have a 52 Trim...............also the same specs but cheaper are the 2860 -10

on a 30 they would be fine if you pull some overlap out of your cams

If on the other hand you were only after response, then stick with -5's or even smaller SS's...........they wont give you the power that the above will and I know that's what you're after.

check it:

Turbo_Comparison.jpg

oooooh it is so quiet in here in the middle of the night ....

Well, now I have a quandry. I have just finished typing up yesterdays mammoth days worth of valuation reports and need to decide whether I should bother going to bed or not.

I have to be up at 8am, as Munro is coming to pick me up in the 'OS Giken 3 Litre Streeter' for a burn/cruise down to Victor Harbour for lunch and some cruising/photos.

Plus, there is every chance my 1 year old will wake up at 6am and come wake me up then anyhow.

So, would I feel better later today if I had 1) a quick 1.25 hour nap, 2) a 3.25 hour kip, or 3) just stay up and do more work (I have plenty more work I can do).

Hmmmmm decisions, decisions .... anyone else up at this crazy hour to give me advice?

Hmmmmm decisions, decisions .... anyone else up at this crazy hour to give me advice?

no.

but i do however have something to say about this;

I have to be up at 8am, as Munro is coming to pick me up in the 'OS Giken 3 Litre Streeter' for a burn/cruise down to Victor Harbour for lunch and some cruising/photos.

i hate you. i hate you. i hate you. i hate you. i hate you. i hate you. i hate you.

i hate you.

:(

hehehe .... even I hate me too sometimes :) .... we were going to ask Keir to bring down the R35GTR for a burn as well, but he has to work ;)

You would hate me more if we were bringing the R35 methinks :(

fyi I have decided to stay up .... watching the sunrise at the moment.

Bizarrely I have nearly run out of work things to do - I never thought it would happen! Of course I have phone calls to make - but I don't think everyone would share our zest for this early morning if I rang them now.

Are you getting up for work, or returning home from work Dave?

i would of said a 90 min power nap is good i heard on the radio sleep waves hit in 90 min intervals and what do they say when driving rest revive survive then they have a sign saying sleep for 15min :(

i know when i come home dog tired and fall asleep in front of the TV before dinner when i wake up im heaps better

hehehe .... even I hate me too sometimes :) .... we were going to ask Keir to bring down the R35GTR for a burn as well, but he has to work ;)

You would hate me more if we were bringing the R35 methinks :(

i hate you. i hate you. i hate you.

... hook a brother up?

Are you getting up for work, or returning home from work Dave?

neither. its technically my day off... i think... until 5pm when i need to get up for work. so im sitting here watching top gear and pondering a suitable time to get some kip so i dont resemble death warmed up when i get up to decide whether or not ill actually bother with going to work.

I hooked up half my HID kit last night :( Just need to mount the ballast and extend the earth wire, then put the other in! Looks good, if anyone wants i can take a pic of standard halogen vs 6000k HID at night time.

yeah too true about power naps.

when I used to travel alot for work I found that if I pulled over for a 30 minute kip I was right for the rest of the journey......nothing more freaky than opening up your eyes on the wrong side of the road to find a bee double coming at you with air horns and spotties blazing :(

well i take my car next week to lewis engines after doing the rings on mine i am getting a 25/30 combo not certain on turbo choice yet ill talk to darren next thursday when i make the trip down there

was going to get 26/30 combo but even more $$$

also getting a ppg gearbox custom fuel system etc gearbox little pricey but dam they are good any one had any experience with the race logic traction control system i feel like getting one because of traction issues ill have.

back onto turbo i was thinking about a to4z then but i dont want a lazy puts but rev and launch it is a different story maybe gt series might suit.?

anyway once shes finished getting built ill be able to bring her out on a cruise maybe so im all excited .

just have to wait now :rofl: