SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

The boss and I were talking about the stabbing lastnight at work today. We both agree that these people come here from war ravaged countries and they think that it's the normal thing to do, because it is in their country.

There isn't much set up here to help them out. But in saying that, I think the troublemakers should have a 3 strike rule. 3 strikes, your out.

Like most have said already, the Sudanese people that come here, most of them are hardworking people that wouldn't do anything wrong. Then theres the minority (like most social groups) that ruin it for everyone.

Also, Adelaide has been up the shit for years. It seems each ethnic group has had their time as the "bad guys" around here. It was the middle eastern people a few years ago, running around in M.E.B shirts in town and stuff. Everyone hated them, but no-one focused on the other ethnic gangs around until now.

It's just annoying hearing about more and more stabbings and shootings in town.. yet you don't see much done about it.

We just had a big counselling session for all interested staff and students regarding the stabbings yesterday. I couldn't attend, but heard it was very emotional, and have ripped right through the sudanese community. We have a couple of the family of the victim and the accused studying here with us, it must have been hard to sit in the same room as a person whos family just killed your family.

Fk yeah, thats about the only R35 I've seen that actually looks good.

Weird though, Craig's post says posted at 4:40pm, muirsky's post says posted at 4:42pm yet it's above craig's one :laugh:

Anyway, my car started misfiring under high load the other day (ie ~5500 whilst wheelspinning in 2nd) so I took one of the spark plugs out (CBF doing the rest :D) and it looks like this:

s5003428cz5.th.jpgthpix.gif

Is the whiteness something to be worried about?

It also idles kinda rough, which it has done for a while, but hadn't misfired until the other night.

Betcha $50 I would have kept up :laugh:

in all seriousness too - I'm not a betting man, but One Id take 'cause I know Id get a free fiddy (no speed limiter, good suspn.)

Errr Brendan - you do realise it is a GTR with around 450rwkw and has run low 10's? You would have kept within sight range for around 30 seconds, and would have been it :(

I can't believe it either.........I doubt if the block alone is worth $30K........maybe with very expensive internals ie. a short motor

You had better believe it mate .... BLOCK only. Definitely nothing else included. The crank that Munro is using was a cool $5k on top, then pistons and all the crazy gear incl. 1,600cc injectors - yes you read right. This is how he has spent $180,000 on the car. And yes, he has receipts.

Ring Keir Wilson right now and ask him - he has bought around 5 of the OS blocks all up due to blowing motors etc .... his wallet knows EXACTLY how much they cost .... I am not sure what exchange rate they were purchased at, but I am sure it was better than it is now too .... only recently he pointed out to me one sitting under his work bench at Willalls looking all lonely - I told him I would happily give it a home :) .... but as it isn't quite in my price range there it stayed :D

just read the paper, and noticed yesterdays stabbing fiasco started at city x where i used to work, and if it was the same group

of '' fitty cent yo's, then it was a long time coming.

doesnt eddie work in city x? Wonder if he was on shift yesterday..