SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

dropped off the 200 at auto perfection a couple hours ago to have my alarm fitted, and ric was nice enough to drive me into town so i could grab the train home. took me in his dads hsv grange, and for a $90,000 car, theyre really not that impressive, the leather was hard, one of the windows didnt work, fit and finish was pretty average, made the celsior look like a bentley...

Can't say I like the look of a 32 GTR without the wing!!

N1 boot spoilers look nice.

This only a GTS-t so don't stress.

^^ clarke rubber. nuf sed

EDIT: i have address pete, but im not like that, haha wish i was at times though.

Went there, didn't have the right size.

cruise to 'encourage' him to pay? we can have ruby lead. :(

Sometimes that approach works. Did for me ... twice.

Most people are cowards by nature. They don't have to deal with you face to face. Just like keyboard warriors. Turn up on their doorstep and make it clear to them that if you have to come back for your money/goods/other, you'll be "disappointed" and you won't be so polite. Avoid yelling at them, and talk in a calm but stern voice. They'll pick up that you're serious. Its not your size or what you do that makes a difference, but how you say/do it.

Menacing comments with a double meaning go a long way, like "You're a smart man, I obviously won't need to come here again will I?" or "If you can't remember how to make things right the proper way, I can come back and do it my way".

... but I'm a nice chap I am :D

Went there, didn't have the right size.

Repco have things like that :(

lol, and if he decides not to pay anymore bacause of the visit?

Do the first visit right and it won't come to that. Make sure he's aware you will be back, but he won't know when.

But you should analyse first, what is it worth to you? Is that money he owes you really worth it? Sometimes, for me, its not just the money but the disrespect from it that I go after people for. I hate people taking my money, but I really hate people bullshitting me first, taking my money, then bullshitting me more. Thats worth bending a few laws for. But you must also be willing to see it thru. Don't make threats you can't follow thru. If you 'subtly' threaten that you'll be "upset" if you have to visit again, then you must be willing to back that up to show you're serious. It may mean getting physical. But also remember, its his property and his castle. He has the right to defend himself, no matter how much of a rip off or asshole he is. There is a point in this where it can get ugly if you don't know what you're doing.

For now, the money has come in slowly. Ask to have the matter reviewed, because I'm sure he'd have a better paying job etc. Try any of those avenues first.

Edited by RubyRS4

Oh right. Thought it was a GTR!

Yeah the N1 spoilers don't look that bad.

It all boils down to personal preference I guess

Yeah it does. I think GTS-t's look better with no spoiler or the GTR spoiler.

Rubes, any info about the pm i sent you?

Ah shit no. Sorry mate, my friend hasn't gotten back to me and I'm been busy and forgot. I'll nag him again this arvo and get back to you. Can you give me a nudge end of week just in cases? :(

Actually ... send me the PM again. I clean out my box recently.

Edited by RubyRS4

Just had "words" with an asshole tradie who verbally abused one of my staff. :)

He parks his fully loaded 4WD ute and trailer up our driveway, blocking parking spaces and entry to our carpark. And there was a client trying to get out! My assistant goes out as he's walking off and informs him he can't park there. He ignores her and goes to a nearby residential address. He walks back to his vehicle after my assistant gets his attention and starts ripping into her with "What the f**k is your problem?" She's being polite and telling him he is blocking the carpark and must move. Now she is the most timid women I know, but he's ripping into her like the world has ganged up on him. He tells her she can wait as he's "just going to reverse into the f**king driveway when the gate is open, so don't get ya f**king knickers in a knot ya impatient woman!".

I stormed out there because it looked like the "big man" was going to get physical with a 50yo woman :P and remained polite while he's screaming at me. I told him to move the car now. There is "ample of room on the street" and he "has no business with us, so his vehicle must be moved now or I will have it towed". He calls me an impatient kent (oh the language on this feral) and says I need a f**king chilll pill. I still inform him we have a client he has blocked in, he has illegally parked, and he is the idiot who can't read signs. Then he made the threat of "hope the cars have insurance ya bastards!". I instructed my assistant to get the camera. I take a picture of his vehicle and tell him I'm forwarding it to Council for his parking offence, and I'll forward it to the police if any vehicle is damaged in any way. I've obtained his business details from the side of his ute and we'll be sure to inform our business associates. We'll be letting Council know too, so life will be difficult for him if he lodges any building approvals/consents.

What a jerk. If he learnt to read, he would have known our company could affect his business. Fail!

:)

Edited by RubyRS4

you must be pretty quiet this time of year ruby

:P

Nope. Got lots of shit to do before the xmas break ... just can't be arsed doing it right now. I've been handballing some jobs off down the chain of command :)

I'm currently logging and checking all the CAD work I've done for the past 2 months so they're correctly invoiced to clients. And archiving completed CAD jobs. Boring!

Then after that, I've got end of month (November) bookkeeping reports to prepare. Boring (again).

:)

Edited by RubyRS4

wellllllll

i finished at 1:30 after a 9 am start and got home looked on sau then looked up rebbtube for a bit then i had to wash my hands then i fed

my pups cleaned my aquarium filter went to the bank and put in my cheque accepted my GF's avon delivery

bitched on sau for a while...

god i have busy days :)

lol craig, gold

for the first time in ages i didnt have a chance to sit and unwind at work today. the stupid computer scheduling system for our jobs (its called Click for anyone who's come across it) was being a wak mofo

it had us travelling from the depot (st marys), to do 2 jobs at glengowrie, then up to cumberland park, then to underdale, back across town to parkside, then the last job was back at somerton park!

usually we average no more than 2 hours of travelling time in a days work, today was nearly 3.5 hours