SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

mm turning 21 was good, my insurance premium has dropped by $600 for my next year :) but my agreed value has dropped $2k :)

it wouldn't be cause you turned 21 that your insurance dropped its because the agreed value has dropped

you generally wouldnt need to go any lower

Damo - that logic test, 1 of the questions i didnt like was #5

Answer 5.

a) Where there is poverty there is crime.

b) There is crime in Camberwell.

- Therefore there must be poverty in Camberwell.

Invalid. There may be crime where there is poverty, but it does not necessarily follow that wherever crime is there is poverty. There is plenty of crime occurring in wealthier circles.

where there is poverty there is crime is a truth statement its not guessing

there is crime in camberwell is again a truth statement

so how can it be invalid where not discussing how wealthy camberwell is just stating there is crime there

sweet..can they go lower due splitfires?

Ideally want a higher gap not a lower. I higher gap gives a better ignition to the fuel but it also is weaker spark which makes it susceptible to being "blown out" by the intake charge.

Anyhow the accepted gap is 0.8mm if you have split fires then you should be able to run a bigger gap but it'll be trial and error to find out how big and I wouldn't go over 1>1.1mm anyway.

Edited by D_Stirls

hmmm.... ok i think there at .8 atm... thats wat they are from the box?

i can just feel the car hold back constantly then be ok the hold back due to missing...

ill open them up more... trial and error i guess..

what is the last number on the part number? If it had some thing like BKPR6ES-8 then it is 0.8 but if it was -11 or didn't have a number at the end then it's 1.1mm

If you are having spark problem then opening them up won't help you need to close them up, but if you have split fires then you shouldn't be having spark problems. you will know if they are breaking down because it'll sound like it not running on all cylinders where as you are saying it's feeling like it's being held back which isn't spark. It's probably got more to do with ignition timing.

Edited by D_Stirls

it wouldn't be cause you turned 21 that your insurance dropped its because the agreed value has dropped

Surely dropping my agreed value from 23,900 to 21,850 wont bring my insurance premium from 2098 p/a to 1500 p/a. if thats the case, ill set agreed value at 18k and pay no insurance.

Rhys, yep just car, got the info from my policy renewal letter, expires early Feb.